“Not a typical visit to Famous Dave's”
Review of Famous Dave's

Famous Dave's
Ranked #30 of 187 Restaurants in Wisconsin Dells
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Elkhorn, Wisconsin
“Not a typical visit to Famous Dave's”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We chose this restaurant as my son received a birthday coupon for a free kids meal. We had visited this location in the summer and found it to be very nice, but crowded. However, on a Sunday night, the restaurant was probably at 20% capacity. This was the first confusing piece as we were seated in between two large, long tables - as a party of three. Throughout the meal, other patrons were bumping into us and we into them. We did not feel comfortable. Once we ordered, I was informed that the entree I ordered was not available-steak tenderloins. This was disappointing. The second entree that I ordered came with apples that were supposed to be hot....they were luke warm. By the time I found our server, I had given up. The food was fast, but the waitress never returned to check on us. We had to wait a very long time for a bill also. I have visited several Famous Dave's before. Not sure that this is one of their best locations.

• Visited November 2012

Chicago, Illinois
“Impressed”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We ate lunch at the Famous Dave's by The Wilderness and enjoyed it very much. The food was hot, fresh and delicious. We were very pleased with our meal.

Visited September 2012
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Take it from a couple of locals.”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I frequent this restaurant probably too much. We love the southern rib shack atmosphere. The staff has never failed to deliver even on the busiest nights. Our regular server has moved up to a management position, but takes time to stop by our table for a quick chat whenever she sees us. The food is always good and the portions are large. I would like to see the whipped sweet potatoes on the menu again,but the firecracker green beans are great too. We like the downtown location which is where we go most, but the one off the interstate is great too. If you are a fun lover this is the place to eat and have a great time. Dont forget your pig hat...Check out the staff t shirts...they are a hoot.

Warsaw, Indiana
“Good BBQ”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Ended up eating here two nights in a row because we were in the mood for some BBQ after spending the day at the water parks. I know this place is a chain but as chains go its pretty good. The food was great and they give you fairly portions. Our waitress was Irene who was very friendly and had a beautiful accent which only made the experience all the better.

Visited October 2012
HOPKINS
“BBQ”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We went in on a Friday and got to-go because they were very busy, great food and fun atmosphere. Quick service and freindly staff.

Visited October 2012