“Delicious and quick service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Mr Pancake

Mr Pancake
Ranked #20 of 184 Restaurants in Wisconsin Dells
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Wisconsin
“Delicious and quick service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2011

We ate here with a group of 8. We walked in and there was a ton of people waiting. They told us 10 minutes and it was! They had great service and the food was delicious. We tried the pancakes, crepes and omelets. Everything was fresh, hot and truly delicious! We could not believe how quick it was and how good. We all enjoyed it so much we went back the next morning and again TONS of people and only a 10 min wait. This has become our favorite breakfast place in the Dells!

• Visited July 2011

Chicago, Illinois
“Best pancakes ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2011

My boyfriend and I went to Mr. Pancake twice during our three day trip to the Dells. Not just because the food was so great but the service was excellent. We were seated immediately both times. Waited on within 2 minutes or less and had our food within 10. Both times the waitresses refilled our sodas as soon as they were done, which is a big pet peeve of my boyfriend. We ordered the Mexican omelette and it was delicious. The pancakes are by far the best I have ever tasted. I wish I could've had a sample of every type of pancake because they all sounded delicious. The pancakes and portions are huge and filling too. A great size for the price. Coming back to Chicago, we will be holding our wait staff at restaurants to a higher standard because of how great the service was at Mr. Pancake.

MN
“Best Pancakes EVER”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2011

All I can say is YUM! Had the banana pancakes - 3 huge pancakes that were so good! We had to go back the next morning because we liked them so much. Get there before 9 to beat the rush. We got there between 7&8 each morning and were out within 40 minutes!

Winnipeg
“Worst Restaurant We Went To”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2011

Seriously we have no idea what the hype was about. They make pancakes and not special ones. Nothing that you couldn't find at your local pancake house. all 4 of us did not enjoy. Too expensive as well.

5 Thank thepas99
Michigan
“Not Spectacular”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2011

We went to this place twice. Once the wait was so long that we left and went to Denny's instead. The other time we stayed, but we'd gone at an odd time to avoid the wait--it was almost noon when we had our breakfast. The prices were very high. I dined with just my eight year old son, yet our bill came to over $30--for breakfast??? I had an omelette and he had pigs-in-a-blanket. To have any sides, you have to order them off the menu--they're not included in the meal, so I ordered bacon on the side for my son, and hashbrowns to go with my omelette for me. We also split an order of blueberry blintzes for dessert. He drank apple juice and I drank coffee.

The atmosphere was typical for a family place. It was loud, and the tables were packed so closely together that we could hear everything being said (or yelled) at nearby tables. The waiting area was uncomfortable. There weren't benches or chairs for those waiting--everyone just stood around near the entrance or outside on the steps. (For those who have trouble with steps, there are steps leading to the entrance--I didn't see a ramp anywhere.)

The food was fine. Nothing spectacular, though. The waitress was friendly, but instead of refilling coffee, she brought a plastic container covered with a black sauce cup and put it on the table. I honestly thought it was hot syrup for my son's pancakes. I poured the liquid into the little sauce cup, thankfully, not directly onto his pancakes, before I realized that it was coffee.

There are several breakfast choices in the area. If you want to go to this place, expect a long wait. Each time we drove by, the parking lot was full. While the food was o.k., it doesn't merit this much of a wait, especially when there is so much to do in the Wisconsin Dells. I didn't think it was worth the time to wait for food at such a mediocre place. Also, the parking lot is rather small, so the cars are all jammed together, with very little space for backing up. When we went to leave, I had to wait because people kept walking behind my car. When I finally was able to pull out, getting onto the main road was scary. The sign of the restaurant juts out far enough that it blocks the view to the left somewhat, and since the restaurant is right after a slight curve in the road, this is dangerous. I gave up on turning out left, and ended up just going right and turning around.