“Uhmmm, no”

Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 26, 2009

The first time my husband and I went here with some friends we had a great meal and although the portions were just ridiculous, the food was good. But we encountered a different experience the second time. My husband ordered his steak med rare and it was CHARRRED on the outside and slightly mooing on the inside. I mean it was almost purple and COLD. The bar is nice and the drinks there were good, they have a good house merlot...but It really is so over priced its not even funny. Go to Ishnala if it's summer or House of embers in the winter..

Reviewed June 25, 2009

As a frequent visitor to the Chula Vista Resort, I took the opportunity in March to finally visit Kaminski Brothers steakhouse. I will not be back!!

For an appetizer, I ordered a spinach and mushroom gratin which was more of a soupy tasteless mess of unseasoned white sauce, spinach leaves and broiled mushrooms. I ordered a $42 steak that wasn't any better than what I could get at a chain restaurant for much less! They claim to age their meat, but I couldn't tell the difference in either texure or flavor from a steak that I've cooked on my own grill!

Nothing in anything that I or my guest ate justified the outrageous prices on their entrees.
3 words flavorless, valueless and rip-off!!

Reviewed April 30, 2009

Our family spent a few nights at the Chula Vista Resort at the end of April 2009. On one of our nights we wanted to splurge and have a steak dinner at a popular steak house. Kaminski Brother’s Chop House was on the property, so we figured to give it a try. The Porter House steaks were tender and cooked to perfection, the garbage salad made at our table-side by our server was very tasty, the mountain high loaded mashed potatoes were enough to feed an army and the view overlooking the river was tranquil. One slight disappointment was our server. After taking drink orders she gave me a regular frozen lime Margarita when she had originally recommended and I accepted to order a strawberry Margarita. She was embarrassed and immediately switched them out. Also, we ordered the calamari and pepper appetizer, which she never put through and of course, we never got. When she brought out the steaks I looked at my wife and asked her if we ordered the appetizer (I thought maybe I was losing my mind). When my wife acknowledged that we did the server had a pale look on her face and apologized. She asked if we still wanted it, but we kindly declined at that point. When you are going out to an expensive steak house for dinner where you are easily going to drop a couple of hundred dollars you don’t expect those types of mistakes. I wish the server would have spent a little less time explaining the various cuts of meat and the marbleizing inherent with each of them and more time on getting our order correct. The food, however, was excellent and plentiful. We didn’t have room for dessert, but noticed others enjoying it. Everything was in huge portions. Our feeling is that everyone is entitled to have a bad day and make mistakes. We will definitely go back to Kaminski’s and give the service a chance to redeem itself.

Reviewed February 15, 2009

A group of us went to Kaminski Bros. in the Chula Vista resort on Valentine's Day. Let me say this...most of the portions were of extreme size (for example, you could feed a small country on what was being thrown out), but then again, so were the prices. Outrageous!!! For example, my daughter's steak (from the kids menu) was maybe four bites and was $16...she's 5. "Oh, and did I mention, that is all she received for her $$$...no sides..those were extra! And, don't even think about sharing your food with your child either. That will cost you $10 just to do that. Granted, the food was good, but if they attempted to offer reasonable portion sizes with prices that were more in line, people would never want to leave. However, this was a one and done for us...we will not be back and will never recommend this restaurant to anyone else we know.

Reviewed September 23, 2008

My husband and I had reservations on September 25, 2008 at 7:00. Restaurant not very busy, but group of men in the back room. Did not get our order taken till close to 7:45. Had ordered asparagus, but never came with meal. Also ordred baked potatoes, out of baked potatoes. Waitress was friendly, but extremely slow. Our food finally came out about 8:50 P.M. We both had steak and shared a lobster tail. Our filets were excellent and cooked the way we had asked for them. Garbage salad was excellent, however, our potatoes were cool and had been sitting for a while. The group of men in the backroom were loud, had cut-off shorts on, and sleeveless shirts with baseball caps. For spending $150.00 on a meal, there should be at least a casual dress code. When we rec'd our bill, were billed for asparagus, had to wait another 15 minutes to let our waitress know. We did not get out of restaurant until 9:30 P.M. Will not go back again, and have told others about our experience.
John and Vicki