“WORTH THE PRICE!”

Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Celebrated Sons Birthday here. Food was fantastic. Portions were HUGE! Be prepared to take extras home. We had salad, bread, 2 apps, 3 steaks, 2 glasses of wine and 2 sides. Son got a huge slice of Brownie cake free. Total with tax and tip $300.00.
Service was top notch.
Would return on a special occasion.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

My son took us here for his birthday and it was great. We all had perfectly cooked aged steaks and the sides were huge and enough for everyone. Service was very attentive and knowledgable. Price was high but everything was first rate. We will definitely come back for a special occasion.

2  Thank Slip213
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Referred here by our daughter. She warned us that all of the portions are huge - and so they were. Couldn't believe it when the waiter brought out the cart to make our "Garbage Salads". Each is made to order, but she asked our preferences at the beginning and at the same time. I have no idea how she kept everything straight. (My daughter was with a group of 4 and, even then, all salad preferences were taken at the same time - and kept strait.) Both my husband and I ordered filets which were fork tender and perfectly done to our liking - medium rare. In addition we had a huge bowl of their loaded mashed potatoes and fresh asparagus. The waiter was extremely attentive and the meal was one of the best we'd had in quite a number of years. Because this was a "special" evening for us, we dressed up a bit - no sequins or sparkles - so it was disappointing to see other diners come in virtually right from the pool. That took away from the atmosphere. We had reservations and were definitely treated as if at a high class restaurant, it just would have made the evening more enjoyable if the atmosphere had not been so casual. Actually, with the prices as high as they were, I was surprised to see families bringing young children there, especially children who apparently had not been taught their manners. Kaminski's is a chain of only 2-3 restaurants and I would like to find where the others are located and go to dinner there, in the hopes that the restaurant was not in a casual waterpark area. As a note - neither of us were able to finish our filets, the potatoes or the asparagus, especially when we were served an immense dessert to share because we were celebrating our anniversary. (No singing of "Happy Anniversary" - thank heaven.) Because we were staying in a condo, we took the leftovers with us, ate some there, packed the rest into a cooler and took them home with us (only a 3 hour drive) to eat at later meals. I'd say we definitely got our monies worth!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

While on a golf weekend with a couple of friends we decided to try Kaminski Brothers Chop House after a long day of golf. We were staying at the Chula Vista Resort and since it is right on the resort grounds we didn't have too far to go! We went on a Saturday night around 6:00 p.m. without reservations but we were seated right away (probably because it was off season). The menu was a simple one page collection of appetizers, steaks, entrees and sides. We decided to start with the calamari for our appetizer. It came mixed with peppers and had a sauce on the side. It was great, but as we soon came to find out, it may have been too much for us! Each entree comes with their Garbage Salad. It was a weird name for such a great salad! The waiter brings out a cart with a bowl of pre-mixed field greens, eight bowls of other items that can be mixed in such as red onions, eggs, bacon, baby shrimp, tomatoes and three others (sorry, cannot remember what they were!) and a creamy caesar dressing. It was delicious! This course comes served with their bread, which was o.k.

We ordered a side of mashed potatoes to be served with our entree. All of the sides are served family style. The mashed potatoes were very good, but it was enough for more than 10 people (there were only three of us!). I had the scallops wrapped in bacon and my friends had filet mignon and the petite filet. It was all excellent tasing!

Be prepared to spend quite a bit of money especially if you order beer or wine. While I would not have this on a regular basis, for a one time meal Kaminski Brothers Chop House is an excellent choice especially if you like beef!

1  Thank Scott B
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Absolute top notch dining here. My wife and I were blown away at the service, food, atmosphere and knowledge of staff. Service was A-1!!! We decided to skip any kind of appetizer (which in fact they all sounded delicious), because we knew what the portion sizes were going to be like on our entrees. My wife went with the surf n turf (8oz filet with a 1LB lobster tail) and I went with the single cut prime rib (yes, single cut is still 30oz). Then we decided on the loaded mashed potatoes (which were the size of a volcano model..lol) and we also had the mushrooms.

2  Thank Mark T