“Amazing food and service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kaminski's Chop House

Kaminski's Chop House
Ranked #13 of 184 Restaurants in Wisconsin Dells
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chesterton, Indiana, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

Wow it was amazing food and service. My wife and I were looking for a fine dine steak house with great food while on our honeymoon. Kaminski Bros. was exactly what we were looking for. It is pricey but well worth it. Big portions and amazing taste. Our waitress Kristy was beyond helpful and was very friendly. My wife and I had Escargot as a appetizer and was my first time having. It was great. We both had filet mignons and they were great. Desert was Tiramisu and was perfect. We will eat here each time we come back. Highly recommend.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Jason-April V

Shakopee, Minnesota
“Lots and Lots AND LOTS of food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

My wife and I celebrated a wedding anniversary here last weekend. This place prides itself on extreme sized portions. The deliver great portions and great tasting food. We enjoyed it very much and our only disappointment was that we could not eat more. The desserts looked great but we were bringing home food as it was. The steaks were the kind of char that steak lovers dream about, just as their web site promised.
Order carefully, as you may get much more food than you can eat. It seemed that everybody left with a to-go bag.
Yes, we will go back.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank GregDJ
Janesville, Wisconsin
“Anniversary Dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

We splurged for our anniversary and it was worth it! The staff and service at this restaurant did not disappoint. The food and drinks were all quite delicious!

Visited April 2013
2 Thank bellamills33
Roscoe, Illinois
“Great high-end steakhouse”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

Have dined here twice and been very happy both times. They have great food and service. The steaks are USDA prime, so expect to pay $45+ for one, then add the price of the sides. It's worth what you pay, but just be prepared for it. My wife and I went there this time with our son and his friend. We all shared a shrimp cocktail (huge fresh shrimp). We each ordered a steak and shared a couple of sides. My wife and I ordered a "cheap" bottle of wine, and the kids shared a desert. With tip, we spent $320 on dinner. That's a good bit of money for dinner, so be warned. But, in my book, the meal was worth the price. We had filets, strips, and ribeyes at the table, and all were great. Know that the sides and deserts are huge, so plan on sharing. We ordered one order of the loaded mashed potatoes between the four of us, and still brought a huge box of them back to the room after dinner. So if your party is three or four people, I would suggest just sharing one or two sides.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Jeff0155
Dubuque, Iowa, United States
“Melt in your mouth steak!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I ate here to celebrate a new job promotion. The views are beautiful! You overlook the wisconsin river from everywhere in the Resturant. We started with a few of their specialty martinis which were great. They start by bringing out their meat cart where they show you al their different cuts along with their fresh seafood. Our waiter Aron ? Was great. He did a great job explaining everything. We decided on the kbc surf and turf to share. It was as 32oz lobster tail and 14oz bone in filet. We each got a garbage salad with our meal. They bring a cart out with salad and a selection of toppings. You tell them what you want in your salad and they mix it together in front of you, which is a very fun idea. The dressing they use is excellent! Our food arrived and it was big enough for three! The lobster tail was the size of a football. Our steak was cooked perfect. It melted in your mouth and had great flavor. We also got a baked potato which was at least a two pound potato. We did almost finish the whole thing. They brought us a dessert menu which had a lot of great choices. Nothing is small here so go hungry! The dessert list had lots of choices, ice cream sundaes with 20 scoops of ice cream,cheesecake, brownies. We decided on the warm brownie with ice cream and chocolate sauce. It was amazing, and again the size of about a quarter of a cake. It was two giant brownies on top of each other with a chocolate fudge in the Center. Yes it was expensive but well worth it. Perfect for a special occasion! We will defiantly go back!

2 Thank Jennifer K