TripAdvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
Review Highlights
Fishing fun for all ages

Me, my dad and a family friend went on the trip. None of us has ever tried bow fishing. Brent our... read more

Reviewed August 13, 2019
Trombonesavy
Overall Fantastic Experience

Me and my family had a great experience all around. We only managed to get one fish, but we were... read more

Reviewed August 9, 2019
Tristin22

All reviews bow fishing night tour red beard awesome experience year old son our tour guide fantastic guide took pictures wisconsin river all ages dennis shoot crossbow blast teaching beginners filming
Selected filters
Reviewed May 26, 2016 via mobile

What a great experience. Dennis is an awesome guide. Lots of patience and coaching. We were very successful and satisfied.

Also, this is a great way to see the Dells. Lots of scenery and wildlife. We went at night and it was a treat.

I went with my 24 year old son and father in law.

Date of experience: May 2016
2  Thank Mark P
Reviewed September 14, 2015

We spend four days at Wisconsin Dells and spent absurd amounts of money during our stay. I think we covered all of the main attractions. During the long drive back to Indiana, we had our routine vacation recap. (What did you enjoy most, what would you like to do again, etc.)
Both my 16 and 14 year old boys said that Redbeard's bow fishing tour was best part of the trip and would do again tomorrow if they could.
Honestly, I have to agree with my boys on this one. If you want a unforgettable bonding experience with your kids, don't pass up this opportunity. Dennis, our guide, was excellent. I think he was having as much fun as we were.
We had zero experience with a bow and arrow but with Dennis's excellent instruction, we were getting fish left and right.
Thank you for experience. Thanks to you, we are now shopping for bow fishing gear.

Date of experience: September 2015
1  Thank ed t
Reviewed September 7, 2015 via mobile

My 14 year old son, 10 year old nephew and brother-in-law went on a night tour and had a blast. There was lots of bow fishing for all 4 of us and it was the highlight of the trip for my son. We would definitely do it again.

Reviewed August 31, 2015

Dennis is an amazing guide, we had so many shots. The memorable ones are my daughter Cailyn's 12 third shot hitting a fish right in the head, no puncture but it sure did stun that big carp, then Jeremy 13 had one heck of a shot, hitting one along the side but again not puncturing it but it jumped out super tee'd off. Then we had a ton of shots and alot of misses, but still so much fun. We had about an hour left, and my sister Vickie who has never done anything like this at all and who was using the crossbow saw a fish and pulled the trigger, guess she should have pointed the bow at the fish, but luckily it was pointed in a safe direction. After laughing our heads off, we kept on fishing, and finally Dennis said he was gonna shoot so he grabbed my husbands bow and pow, a fish on the first try. Then right after my husband Jim shot one right at the edge of the boat, so Dennis handed me his fish/bow to reel in and it felt as though it got off, but Jim caught a 4lb hybrid hightail carp, then nothing for quite a while and with about 30 minutes left Jim saw a swell from a fish about 30 yards away and he shot, like a dream he hit it right through the middle, Dennis said "wow what a shot", another hightail carp. With just a few minutes left we had a big one come in, and both Cailyn and I Cher shot at it and it was a hit, I thought we both had it but to find out it was me. It was a 25 lb Black Buffalo Carp, amazing feeling and a great way to end the night. Beautiful ride back with a very bright moon and awesome bats flying along. We had a blast!

1  Thank chernjim
Reviewed August 7, 2015 via mobile

Me and my son went out with Redbeard on a night hunt and had a blast. He put us on a lot of fish and you couldn't ask for a better guide. He was great with my 12 year old son and kept us into it the whole 4 hour trip. One of our coolest times at the dells this trip!