Review Highlights
Cute little village.

We visited on a Friday during the off season. We had it to ourselves. Nice photo opportunity. Cute... read more

Reviewed May 14, 2019
ElizabethLane1
Chicago, Illinois
Cute little place to go

Though we didn't get to see the hourly clock show, the area was cute, and the jerky was great... read more

Reviewed September 4, 2018
bardock578
Joliet, Illinois

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 21, 2018

Trigger warning: upsetting behavior described below.

I emailed the following to Dell's House of Jerky a week ago (8/12/18) and have not received a response:

"Hello. I am writing with a complaint that I'd like to give you the opportunity to address before I post a review.

I came into your store with my 19 year-old-daughter the early afternoon of July 11. There was a man working behind the counter and two male customers in the store, one of them talking to the person working. When the customer talking to the employee saw my daughter and I come in, he started very loudly telling the employee how hard it would be for him to work at the store because he'd tell all the women how much he wanted to put his meat in their mouth. The guy behind the counter laughed, and the customer was encouraged and started saying even more loudly how much he'd have to tell every woman who walked through the door that his meat was delicious and they should put it in their mouth, and embellishing it with stories of how deep they could swallow the meat, a t-shirt he read about having women swallow his meat, etc. etc.

At this point, the guy behind the counter was laughing so hard he couldn't speak. I was terrified and horrified. It was just the two of us in town on vacation, and suddenly I didn't know if we were safe. Once I unfroze, I pulled my daughter out of the store. We walked several blocks away before we could speak.

I've since been so ashamed I didn't speak up and so hurt and disgusted by the treatment that it's taken me this long to write. But now, I'm writing. We came into your store to shop, and your employee/an owner? laughed at us being sexually harassed and encouraged through his laughter a customer talking graphically, loudly, and repeatedly about putting his penis in our mouths.

As I said, I'm giving you the chance to address this before I write a public review."

I sent the above email to them through their company website.

9  Thank jesslmsp
Reviewed August 13, 2018

Really nothing here to see.
The public bathrooms were clean.
Kind of cute if you happen to pass by when the clock strikes and the music plays, but I wouldn't go out of your way to see it.

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed July 31, 2018

This is a little area carved out with a clock that tells a story with little statues that come out of clock during the story, bathrooms are in this area, but I wouldn’t really call it a Village, my 5 year old nieces liked the story. It’s on the main strip in downtown Dells

1  Thank brillo86
Reviewed July 29, 2018

Cute clock told the story of Peter piper. Public batherrom was clean. Fun mining company across the street.

Reviewed July 19, 2018

Not much to say about this spot but there really wasn't much there. We looked quickly and found out that it was pretty vacant.