“Yum!!!”

Ranked #22 of 192 Restaurants in Wisconsin Dells
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Originally constructed in 1850, the Delton Academy was a one room Baptist Boys Schoolhouse. In 1865, it became the Delton Methodist Church. In 1894, the church was expanded and the entryway and side room additions were built. What was originally the entrance was replaced with the G.A.R. stained glass window and the bell tower was added. During this period it was also used as the G.A.R. Hall. The Grand Army of the Republic was the Civil War version of the V.F.W. for the Union army. In 1868, General Order #11 of the G.A.R. called for May 30th to be designated as the day of memorial for Union veterans; originally called "Decoration Day", it later evolved into the U.S. national Memorial Day holiday. The G.A.R. was also active in pension legislation, establishing retirement homes for soldiers, and many other areas which concerned Union veterans. The influence of the G.A.R. led to the creation of the Old Soldiers' Homes of the late 19th century, which evolved into the current United States Department of Veterans Affairs. The back room, bathroom and kitchen addition was added sometime in the 1950's. In the 1970's, the building was then purchased by a group of local residents and it became the Old Delton Academy Antique Mall. In the spring of 2007, the building underwent a revamping and became what it is today; the oldest public building in southwest Wisconsin and home of the Brat House Grill. The building still retains it's original wood floor, wainscoting and window frames. It's remarkable what great shape the building is in after it's extensive and varied history.
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Friends of ours that are locals took us here. So happy they did because the food was amazing!!! The beer cheese soup should be sold by the gallon. Also the Mac n cheese was some of the best I have ever had. Prices were very good too for a tourist town. Service was great and we will definitely be going back!!

There are newer reviews for Brat House Grill

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We decided to go there on the way home and we are glad we did! The cheese brat was amazing! They even had Udi buns(gluten free) for me and my family had the regular buns and all enjoyed their meals!

Reviewed August 5, 2013

So good and a great value too! Well worth the stop and the perfect place for a quick lunch in the middle of a hot day.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We had a coupon to use here at Brat House...we were on vacation in The Dells. The service was not that great, but the food was really good. The kids enjoyed their meals as well. I like that there was a separate dining area away from the bar that made it more family friendly in my opinion.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

On our most recent trip to the Dells we decided to try new resturants and stopped at Brat House Grill on the 4th for dinner. Upon entering it looked to me like a bar and with a family that is not what I was looking for then realized there was a back room with a sign that indicated dining room. You could tell the room was used previously for the bar, but they turned into a dining room. I didn't care for the place from the beginning. After we placed our order it took 40 minutes for 2 Brats, boneless wings, chicken sandwich, and burger. I have no idea why the food took so long. They need to hire real servers in the resturant to help out because they couldn't keep up with the tables. Time to pay...I had the Dells Fun Card for buy one get one. I had to tell the waiter 3 times to take off the discount after paying I realized he still didn't. So I went back in the resturant and was told it was too late they charged me but I could have some chips next visit. I said there will not be a next visit then he handed me the cash for the cost of the item that should of been deducted. Horrible. Also, they charge 2.29 to sub fries with the brats that seems very high compared to all the other places we ate in the Dells on our most recent trip.
Don't waste your time going here. They need more help if they want this to be a true family dining resturant.