“Not the place to eat, go elsewhere!!”
Review of Brat House Grill

Brat House Grill
Ranked #20 of 191 Restaurants in Wisconsin Dells
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Originally constructed in 1850, the Delton Academy was a one room Baptist Boys Schoolhouse. In 1865, it became the Delton Methodist Church. In 1894, the church was expanded and the entryway and side room additions were built. What was originally the entrance was replaced with the G.A.R. stained glass window and the bell tower was added. During this period it was also used as the G.A.R. Hall. The Grand Army of the Republic was the Civil War version of the V.F.W. for the Union army. In 1868, General Order #11 of the G.A.R. called for May 30th to be designated as the day of memorial for Union veterans; originally called "Decoration Day", it later evolved into the U.S. national Memorial Day holiday. The G.A.R. was also active in pension legislation, establishing retirement homes for soldiers, and many other areas which concerned Union veterans. The influence of the G.A.R. led to the creation of the Old Soldiers' Homes of the late 19th century, which evolved into the current United States Department of Veterans Affairs. The back room, bathroom and kitchen addition was added sometime in the 1950's. In the 1970's, the building was then purchased by a group of local residents and it became the Old Delton Academy Antique Mall. In the spring of 2007, the building underwent a revamping and became what it is today; the oldest public building in southwest Wisconsin and home of the Brat House Grill. The building still retains it's original wood floor, wainscoting and window frames. It's remarkable what great shape the building is in after it's extensive and varied history.
Reviewed July 18, 2012

I am not a review writer but here it goes. The waitress was pretty friendly and did make suggestions for us. The beer cheese soup was almost purely beer flavored with little taste of anything else. The chili was basically a tomato juice poured on top of beans. The cheeseburger had little flavor. The wings did not ever come with a sauce. The sauce was brought out in bottles for use....not very sanitary. The German Brat sandwhich was average and the more you ate the worse it got. The ranch tasted spoiled. The waffle fries with cheese were the best thing and average at best. The waitress struggled with refills. I would never recommend this place. Monks Burgers is the much better choice, maybe even Burger King. Save your money and go somewhere else please! Thank you!

1  Thank adam b

Reviewed July 7, 2012

After receiving a "bo/go brat basket" coupon from our hotel, my husband, 2 little boys and I decided to give this place a shot. We honestly were just looking to save some $, and we figured we would "settle" for some basic hot dogs, fries & brats (or grilled cheese for me). Little did we know, we were about to taste some of the best food we had ever tried in the Dells (this is our 4th annual trip to the dells, so trust me we have tried many less than mediocre restaurants in that time). We loved this place so much that we ate here on Wednesday, and then made this our take out dinner on Saturday as well (the last day of our stay). I am a vegetarian, personally, but my husband & boys are huge meat eaters. I had their homemade black bean burger (even my hub commented on how good it was & he usually laughs at what I eat) & the boys/husband had a beer brat, Wisconsin cheese brat & Chicago style hot dog. While my husband was eating, he was silent ( which never happens unless he is really into his food - haha). He said it was some of the best he had ever tasted! What really sealed the deal for us was the parmesean dusted chips ( also homemade), served with a side of their special homemade dipping sauce. Overall we just can't get enough of this place & look forward to adding this to our "must visit" list, when we make our annual trip to the Dells.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

They seem more interested in tending to the bar, than waiting on tables. Air conditioning is inadequate at best. Lousy projector TV screen over the bar. They nickel and dime you to death, including charging extra for kraut and even relish. Difficult to get refills on soda and they even have a "Rounding" fee, which while only a penny is something I've never heard of. Pass on this place.

1  Thank Christopher M
Reviewed June 30, 2012

We love eating at the Brat House Grill in Wisconsin Dells. Once again we had great sevice and a good fish fry. We have been eating here for the last four years when we are in the Dells and would recommend it to everyone. It is right across the street from Moose Jaw.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

Me and my girlfriend came here because we love brats and it was on the $10 fun card we bought (buy one brat basket get one free). My girlfriend cant eat beef and all their brats are made with beef but they were nice enough to make my brat free even though she ordered a chicken sandwhich

Food was great! I ordered cheese curds for an app, they kind of looked like nuggets but tasted really good! I had a beer brat and paid extra to get seasoned waffle fries, was perfect! My girlfriend had a chicken sandwhich with some sort of sauce and she said it was real good. she had the kettle chips with her meal and omg they where home made and had great taste!

We where going to sit outside but saw a spider on top the patio and changed our minds. After gong inside saw a pool table and played a game of pool while waiting for our food. Our waiter was very nice and timely. wouldnt mind coming here again for lunch :)