“Good for an hour- strong paint smell”

Ripley's Believe It or Not Wisconsin Dells
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover the world's oddities at Ripley's Believe It or Not in the Wisconsin Dells. Featuring three floors with 11 amazing galleries, you will experience puzzling illusions as you examine the large eclectic collection of odd and interesting things you will never see anywhere else.
Reviewed April 17, 2014

We just came back from here and it was a good way to spend an hour. Go through the fireplace for more interesting sites. The bottom floor smelled strongly of paint. It did have a temple theme with cool effects in it. Located right next to Wizard Quest. Stop at popcorn place between the two building. Get a Passport for Saving pass to get a good deal for this place and many others. The duct tape room and swinging bridge are cool too. Buy the $2 book for some fun reading with your admission.

2  Thank Caitlin H
Jamie D, Public Relations Manager at Ripley's Believe It or Not Wisconsin Dells, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

We apologize for the paint smell. The building next door is under construction and were using a strong chemical that day. We are glad that you enjoyed your visit and hope that you will visit again!

Reviewed April 6, 2014

We took our grandchildren, age 16 and 8...while there was more reading than they are accustomed to, they loved it!

1  Thank mesotracker
Reviewed March 27, 2014

This was terrible. The first room was fine covered in Duct tape but soon as you turn the corner you step into a room of death and bones. Then travel to Egyptian times. If I wanted to see Egyptian I would have went to a museum. This was lame and a waste of money.

1  Thank ChelseaMarie1106
Reviewed March 20, 2014

This was one of our must sees on our list. Glad we went! We purchased a book for $2.00 along with our admission, and the kids (8 and 10) took turns reading it all the way home. My daughter was a little scared through some of the darker parts, but all in all, it was fascinating for both my husband and myself, and the kids.

1  Thank Angela K
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I loved going to Ripley's in Orlando, it's a memory I looked back on for many years so when I got the chance to see the one in the Dells I was SUPER excited. Boo. Nothing too exotic that hasn't been seen before, most of the signs were in the dark so you couldn't read them. One sign was so far away I don't know how anyone could read it (Armour from Indonesia). The only reason I give this 2 stars is because of the temple room where you have to find the symbol. Otherwise it was a waste and definitely not fun for kids due to all the reading. Very disappointed. Make it more interactive!!!