“Good, but not great”

Ripley's Believe It or Not Wisconsin Dells
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover the world's oddities at Ripley's Believe It or Not in the Wisconsin Dells. Featuring three floors with 11 amazing galleries, you will experience puzzling illusions as you examine the large eclectic collection of odd and interesting things you will never see anywhere else.
Naperville, Illinois
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Good, but not great”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Pretty good attraction to waste an hour in. I've been to other Ripley's and this one isn't much better. It's somewhat entertaining, but a lot of the interactive displays seem to not work. It's also not that big. For $12 it's too much to pay, I think they should lower the prices to maybe $7 or $8

Visited September 2012

• Turkish first
Carroll, Iowa
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“It was ok”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Just didn't find this attraction to be a lot of fun. There were interesting parts but all in all would probably not recommend it.

1 Thank Teri B
Rochester, Minnesota
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Don't waste your money”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I had sticker shock and absolute disappointment in visitin Ripley's.
The one room was hardly worth the almost $30 cost per person and the items in there were hardly worth it either. I've seen better items surfing the web!
If you want to have the best believe it or not of the day be how much money you wasted, then visit Ripley's, if not, find a better activity!!!

Iowa
240 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 519 helpful votes
“A lot of flash, without much substance”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

My husband and I took our three kids (ages 10,10,8) to Ripley's a few days ago when we were visiting the Dells. I had gone before, years ago when I was a kid. I don't think it has changed much since then. It cost our family of five over sixty bucks, and we were through the whole place in about forty minutes--and that includes going back to look at a few rooms.

If you are looking for a "real" museum experience, you might be disappointed here. Most of the items in Ripley's are reproductions. And, of course, you wonder how much of it is fact and how much fiction.

There are few neat exhibits: the shrunken heads, and the part where you can go through a fireplace and up a "secret" set of stairs (we wouldn't have noticed this if another guest hadn't pointed it out). Also, my kids really liked the short swinging bridge you have to walk over. They also loved towards the end, where there are four or five rooms with a (somewhat) hidden button you push, and something happens. We actually ended up going back to a few of the rooms since we didn't realize you could push the buttons until the next to last room (again, another guest had to clue us in).

In short, this is a place that school aged kids, teens, and young adults will probably find fun and interesting. Parents will probably not appreciate the high cost for the short amount of time. Adults may also not like the cheesiness and fakeness of the place. I would not recommend this attraction for kids under the age of 5 or 6, due to the subject matter of a few of the exhibits and because much of the "museum" would possibly bore a toddler/preschooler.

Visited September 2012
Waunakee, Wisconsin
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Creepy Fun!”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

My son LOVES going here.Take the camera to get some great pics.And look in the fireplace there's a secret staircase in it,but the railing in the middle is a little loose.Geat place to see weird and cool stuff.Always like going.

1 Thank Amy R