“Nice tour!”

26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Nice tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Nice trip and staff was accommodating and courteous. Did not like the fact that I could not opt out of the picture taking at outset. I find that sort of thing annoying and it delays boat boarding process. No pressure to buy guidebook by staff was noted.

1 Thank BirdWord58

alsip
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“top-deck boat ride”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

The boat ride was great...relaxing and the 2 crew members were great...we boated to some interesting places and were able to get off and walk a bit and get drinks...great way to spend some water time and the price was reasonable too

Cincinnati, OH
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Got Soaking Wet”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

My wife and I were the last people to be seated on the duck. Things were going good until we reached Lake Delton. Before we splashed in, the driver said that there would be a "small tidal wave" that might get the people in the back row a little wet. Small and little were gross understatements. When the duck hit the water I got soaked. I told the people at the office that I was not happy and that they should tell people about the drenching before they seat them in the back row. I was so wet I had to go back to the motel to change clothes/shoes. I question how fast the driver needs to hit the water. A couple of teen agers would probably think it was fun if they got soaked, but being a senior I did not appreciate it.

IL
105 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 211 helpful votes
“Save $ and buy combo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

We purchase the Upper Dells Tour and the Lower Dells Jet Boat at the same time - we were told the tickets do not expire and can be use at any time. The Upper Dells is more scenic and has the dog leap and Witches Gulch. We had just missed the boat and only had to wait about 20 min. for the next boat which is shaded area with benches. We were surprise that two different groups brought the dogs with them (a lap dog and a golden retriever) We choose the upper deck seats in the front. The seat on top are like lawn chairs a bit uncomfortable but gives you the best views.

1 Thank KC4444
Wisconsin
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 140 helpful votes
“Upper dells tour- long & pretty but tiring for the kids.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

Just an FYI- if you get there & are waiting to load the boat, and there is a long line, insist on waiting for the next boat, if you want to sit on the top deck. It fills up super quick. We wanted to sit on the lower deck, so it wasn't an issue for us, but others in our group were disappointed. The scenery is very pretty, but there is quite a bit of steep walking at stand rock & up the ramps when the tour is over. I also hated that they stop you to take your picture before you loan the boat, and then try to get you to purchase it the second you get off the dock. I also thought it was super tacky to end both stops with gift shops. They also have the guide hand out books to purchase, and tell you this is part of how they get paid. Our guide was a bit robotic, and had she been a little more friendly, I think she would have sold more books. I would say it's something you need to do once, but just be prepared for all the tourist traps at the stops!! And one more thing, there are no restrooms on the boats, so have your little ones visit one before you board. There are icky restrooms at each stop on the tour.