“Let's feed the deer!” 5 of 5 bubbles

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Let's feed the deer!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

My family has been here several times. My daughter loves to feed all of the deer and watch them wander around us. It is a special and unique experience. I highly recommend it to any animal lover. Tip: bring wet wipes or anitbacterial sanitizer for your hands after washing.

Visited June 2012
5 Thank oceantiger

Bloomington, IL
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Love this place - have gone here for decades”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

Every child should get to go to this park. The scenery is lovely, the deer are incredible, the price is reasonable. My family went here every year when we were kids and I love taking my son here. Some of my favorite vacation photos are of my son hugging a deer at the deer park. It's a very sweet time and you can just wander through the trees and enjoy the serenity. It's the classic Wisconsin Dells experience.

Visited August 2012
3 Thank pilotmom90
Anamosa, Iowa
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Was neat to pet and feed the deer, although the deer were a little mangy/tough looking”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

The kids had a great time feeding and petting the deer. They were not aggressive at all. We went in late April, so their other animal exhibits were not open yet, besides the lemurs and horses.

Most of the deer are mangy looking. I realize that they are shedding, in captivity, and probably overcrowded -- all the reasons for being tough looking. Not a huge problem, but some had majorly overgrown feet and missing pieces of there ear (where their tags were ripped out) or huge chunks of hair. Really made me feel bad for a few of them.

It is pretty pricey to get in. Our family of four paid $58.00 (which included 4 packages ($2 each) of treats for the deer).

Please note: The ONLY accept cash before Labor Day. Don't ask me why, but that's the case. There is an ATM outside, but it isn't the most ideal situation.

All-in-all, a good time.

1 Thank MikeandCarrie
Green Bay, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Nice Place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

This was the 2nd time we visited the Deer Park. And we will keep going back.

The admission ($12) DOES seem a bit high, but this is a tourist town, so it is understandable. Basically, it is just fun to have deer come right up to you and eat out of your hand. It's a great way to spend an hour or two, and a good place for a family activity.

3 Thank darobsman
Oconomowoc
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“WI Deer Park”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a great place to visit during the summer. Of course the animals are not in the park during the winter, but they open Memorial Day week-end. The animals are so friendly and it is safe to pet them and play with them. They sell special food and you can get the deer to eat right out of your hand. Especially great for the younger kids!

1 Thank RoPo2013