“A great family experience”

Wisconsin Deer Park
Reviewed May 17, 2012

I had been to the Deer Park many times growing up (I think every trio to the Dells), but my fiance had never been and I wanted to share with our four-year-old daughter. It is still a great experience - feeding the deer, seeing the other animals. It is peaceful, restful, and wasn't too crowded. As long as your kid doesn't end up scared of the deer like mine, it will be a great experience. A fun family place as always.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,185)
All reviews
in 24 reviews
"year old daughter"
in 25 reviews

Reviewed May 10, 2012

My son who is three just loved feeding the deer. It was such a serene and peaceful experience. I highly recommend the deer park for pure fun without a bunch bells and whistles.

1  Thank Katrina J
Reviewed May 9, 2012

I cannot reccomend this place enough. My husband and I have a very active two year old and this place was perfect for her. The deer are so sweet and gentle and follow you around patiently waiting for food. After we ran out of the crackers the deer were still very interactive and let us pat them. Make sure you ration food into two groups the park is divided into two parts with different types of deer. I happen to like the larger white tail deer part. Number 386 stole my heart! People have talked about the price being high I din't think so at all I thought it was such a value, it's like $12 for adults and $8 for kids and under 3 free. The bag of crackers is $2 or you can buy cups of food for $1. They have tons of other animals as well, the two horses were so friendly and also liked the crackers. We spent two hours walking around (and that with a crazy impatient 2 year old)

1  Thank travelgal5090
Reviewed May 8, 2012

I know it’s a tourist trap and somewhat expensive for what it is but its worth it. You need to splurge once in a while especially when you’re on vacation and in the dells. Splurge here. No time constraint, walk around as much as you want. I think we were there for an hour and a half. The deer are walking around everywhere. They come right up to you knowing that you have something for them. You buy the food from them in the shop, $2 per bag which got us thru the whole hour and a half we were there with 2 adults and one kid.

The goats were incrediblly entertaining in the beginning and ended up spending more time watching them on our way out. My husband and I had a lot of fun here with our niece, (5 years old). She actually is told to scare the deer away in our backyard from eating our garden so she was fascinated that she could go up and pet one and hug it and feed it.