WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #71 of 71 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

This is the worst hotel I have ever been too! To start off , they have no Jacuzzi because it was broken. The rugs in the room were nasty, dirty and stained. The beds were broken. They were literally on the floor with a damn sheet covering it. The outside pool is dirty as hell. When I called to ask for towels, they told me that the laundry was all dirty and they didnt have any. I went to the front desk to speak to manager, he was not available so I left a name and number and the 3 days I was there, he never called me! The employees there look like they are on some kind of drug. This is the most ghetto hotel I have ever been too!!!! Never will I stay here again... Not even if it was free!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
just_a_traveler3000, General Manager at Chippewa Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Dear Marit60097, Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your recent experience at our hotel. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
woodstock, illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2012

This place is a total DUMP!!! Carpet was filthy. Pieces of toilet paper and hair on the floor in the bathroom of the room. A/C didn't work well. The outdoor pool is green and scuzzy. Toilets have a had time flushing. Toilet in the indoor pool area wouldn't flush. When I called the desk to tell the guy about the bathroom window which would not close, he came quickly to my room, and let himself in the room without knocking. Dead bolt in my room would not lock, I had to insist on another room which the guy at the desk thought was not big deal. They will not refund your money,

1 Thank Bren M
Dear Bren M, Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your recent experience at our hotel. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Travelers are raving about these Wisconsin Dells hotels

La Crosse, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

There are so many things to say about the Chippewa Motel I don't know where to start. This motel is disguisting - I don't think the carpets have ever been vacuumed, there were clumps of hair by in the indoor pool, the bathrooms by the indoor pool did not flush and were filthy, our bathroom had hair on the toilet and did not appear to have been cleaned. The only thing that was clean in our room was the inside of the mini fridge. At one point I saw the supply closet was open so I thought I would see what they had for cleaning products and clean my own bathroom. I was horrified at what I found - ONE can of cleaner and a bunch or rumpled up sheet & towels. The supply cart had no cleaning supplies and not one vacuum cleaner in sight. I still can't believe we stayed the night at this place - it is a health hazard. We would have been better off sleeping in our car. Don't waste your money or risk your health - stay anywhere else but the Chippewa Motel. YUCK!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear momtwoboys, Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your recent experience at our hotel. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.
Jackson, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

Where do I even begin with this place. The first day we got there our room wasn't ready, so they upgraded us to a suite. Which under normal circumstances would be great, but this was no normal circumstance, we got there and the floor was obviously unvacuumed, as a matter of fact i don't think the hotel owns a single vacuum, on top of that there was also a mini coffee pot, a microwave, and a mini-fridge in the room, all three had a nasty food stains in them. When I was looking for my keys in the couch I found some free fruit loops! The Jacuzzi and showers seemed like they had never once been cleaned in the last five years. The beds were not even put together with nails, screws, or anything that would fasten the frame together, and broke when we sat on them. The indoor pool was disgusting and the outdoor was literally the color green. You couldn't even see the more then a foot into the water, the outdoor pool also appeared to be filled with hose water, with no chlorine.

The second day we got to the hotel around 9 o'clock p.m. and the help didn't even know that we were supposed to have a room. So he had to rush for half an hour to clean the room. Regardless he did a terrible job. An hour later we had to go back down to the main office and ask for towels even though they had previously said they would get some to us. This room was just as disgusting if not more then the previous room. The bathroom was disgusting and in my opinion unfit for human life. Not only was the shower the most disgusting thing I've seen in all my years but the water was ridiculously cold. We let the water run for 20 minutes to no avail. Granted nowadays the majority of the world has cell phones, the hotel still advertised that they had phones in all of the rooms, which granted they did, but they didn't have phone jacks in the room. The Continental breakfast was an atrocity, there were unaccompanied minors trying to make waffles with the waffle iron and the fruit and beverages should not have been allowed for human consumption.
All in all it was pretty much one of the worst experiences of my life and I think that the hotel should be shut down until it is fit for human life.

1 Thank Tom A
Dear Tim A, Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your recent experience at our hotel. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.
Lombard, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2012

Never stay at Chippewa Motel in Wisconsin Dells!!!!!!

Deplorable
intolerable
unbearable
unacceptable
undesirable
unpleasant

No hot water for showering
Rooms and Stairwell UN-vaccummed
Sheets not clean - there were crumbs in my bed
Garbage under my bed
Trash cans were moldy and smelly, with new liners
Indoor and outdoor pool were filmie and cloudy!!!!
Indoor pool NOT heated, and there HOT TUB was out of order!!!
Sauna never got warm
One picnic bench!
Wi-Fi SUCKED!!!!
Breakfast....OMG stale Saturday morning and Sunday morning was left overs from Saturday and out of everything else!!!!

The office staff kept leaving the office, and never had answers to anything. Do NOT stay at this motel!!!!!!

2 Thank Dana B
Dear Dana B, Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your recent experience at our hotel. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.
Jackson, Wisconsin, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

Stayed over the weekend. They booked too many people and had to put me in a suite. Sounds good right? Wrong. Chips on the floor, dirty shower, dirty jacuzzi, beds were gross, old food in the freezers. Indoor pool had an unreal amount of hair and outdoor pool was literally green. Staff has no idea what they are doing and act confused when they need to actually work. Next day they told me a room wasn't available until later so we had to pack everything else back into our vehicles when we went to mt. olympus. We got back at around 8 and a new worker had no idea what I was talking about and had to literally go and clean the last room they had for us. He was the only guy working and while other people filled the lobby to complain they had to wait for this guy to come back. We finally go into the room at 930 at night and the room is grosser than the last one. Stains on the beds, carpet, shades, the shower is the grossest thing ive ever stepped in, and the room had no towels at all. The best part of this motel will be the check out because you will know what hell looks like.

Room Tip: Do not go here. You will regret it.
2 Thank tmallo
Dear Tmallo, Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your recent experience at our hotel. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.
Ottawa, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2012

Have stayed at numerous places in the dells, this place is by far the worse my family has ever stayed at. Upon check in, was told room wasnt ready, desk person said check in was 4pm. Upon showing them my confirmation (which said 2pm) , desk person says " oh, we didnt know that". The motel guide in the room also shows check in at 2 pm. This place was so bad, it's kind of funny now. Pile of garbage at the end of driveway, outside pool is green, one grill (which was broken),garbage all over the ground. Inside pool area was so hot that couldnt even go in there, hot tub broken, ice machine broken and ripped apart. As for the rooms, bad odor, not vacuumed,one of our rooms still had hair in the tub and found fingernail clippings on the floor. When told of this , person cleaned the tub, but left fingernails on the floor. When confronted of this, he said " I thought you were going to get them." No management on duty at night, kids were running the halls all night. Next morning, there was garbage all down the hallway. I could go on for hours, but I'm sure you get the point. Next time I go to the dells and this is the only place with vacancy, my family and I will get in sleeping bags and sleep down by the river. Do not waste your hard earned $.

Room Tip: dont choose a room here, you will be sorry
4 Thank ridgerunner08
Dear ridgerunner08, Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your recent experience at our hotel. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.