“Yum.”
Review of High Rock Cafe

High Rock Cafe
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Modern American cuisine with a sense of adventure, High Rock stands out with bold flavors and fresh ingredients. Serving lunch and dinner you can enjoy this local's favorite restaurant, located in the heart of downtown Wisconsin Dells. High Rock Cafe offers casual dining in a contemporary atmosphere. Unique salads, wraps, sandwiches, delicious crab cakes, pastas, steaks, and so much more. Great local micro-brews and wine list, and new specialty craft cocktails. Open daily at 11 am. Visit us during your next vacation or conference!
Reviewed January 8, 2010

The restaurant was on the smallish side, but not cramped. We went in for lunch with a group of 8 (5 were kids from 6-14), but they were happy enough to push tables together to accomodate us. The kids menu items were about $5-6 including drink for your basic stuff - chicken fingers, etc., but you were given the option of fruit rather than fries. The "adult" sandwiches/wraps were priced around $8. EVERYONE loved their food. Even the picky ones. I had the El Tio which was very good (although it could have been a smidge spicier). The shrimp wrap (Cusabi?) was extremely good (yes, I tasted pretty much everything). Unfortunately I can't remember the name of my favorite wrap - it had beef, mozzarella, lettuce, tomato (I think) and a spicy sauce that just made it. Wow. It was good. We also enjoyed the garlic tater tots and some wine. Don't remember the winery but it had a picture of a corkscrew on it.

The High Rock was head and shoulders above anything else we ate while in the Dells. Wish we had had room for dessert!

There are newer reviews for High Rock Cafe

Reviewed January 2, 2010

The overall dining experience is great, excellent food and service. We had a chicken waldorf, Ahi Tuna and Saturday night special prime rib and finished them all. Kids meals are healthy and nicely plated.

Reviewed December 6, 2009

My wife and I had lunch here today (Sunday). I will echo all the great comments about this place, plus the fact that is open on Sunday for lunch, when most of the nicer places are closed. My wife and I had the loaded baked potatoe soup. It was great tasting, full of goodies, and not as think and gloppy as a lot of potatoes soups are. She had a pulled pork sandwich with a LOT of meat, and crunch slaw. She said it was excellent. I had a southwestern style salad with thinly sliced steak. It was excellent...good crisp romaine, corn, black beans, cilantro, crispy tortilla strips and a lemon, cilantro vinagarette dressing. It was terriffic. The place is expanding this winter by taking over the lower level. The service, who was excellent, said that they may include a brick pizza oven and add tapas service to their repatoire. I like in the boonies about an hour north, but have lived in Chicago and Boston, and found this a great step up from the bar food, kid oriented restaurants, or touristy places in the dells....at more than reasonable prices. Highly recommended

1  Thank Foodgolfwinelover
Reviewed November 24, 2009

After coming to the Dells for over 10 years, I finally had the wonderful experience of dining at High Rock based on other reviews. Unfortunately, it isn't handicapped accessible which is the reason it took me so long to try it as my husband can't do stairs BUT our wonderful waitress said they were expanding to the downstairs during this winter and hopefully by next summer he can experience the delightful, eclectic menu and fabulous desserts. My girlfriend and I stopped after shopping all day in Milwaukee on the way to our "retreat" ..... and on a whim, tried it and were so very, very pleased and can't wait to visit again. The pumpkin bread dessert and Sangria was most delectable and our wraps equally tasty....Can't wait to bring my husband next season!

Reviewed October 31, 2009

I definitely recommend this place. I ordered the Soup of the Day (Duck soup) and the Freedom Dip. My wife had a loaded baked potato and a chicken ceasar wrap (Hail Ceasar if I remember correctly.) we rarely agree on restaurants, but both of us agree that this was one of the best for quality of food, value, and service.

Not one of the most obvious places to eat in the Dells, but definitely one of the best.