“The best place I ate at in the Dells”
Review of High Rock Cafe

High Rock Cafe
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Modern American cuisine with a sense of adventure, High Rock stands out with bold flavors and fresh ingredients. Serving lunch and dinner you can enjoy this local's favorite restaurant, located in the heart of downtown Wisconsin Dells. High Rock Cafe offers casual dining in a contemporary atmosphere. Unique salads, wraps, sandwiches, delicious crab cakes, pastas, steaks, and so much more. Great local micro-brews and wine list, and new specialty craft cocktails. Open daily at 11 am. Visit us during your next vacation or conference!
Reviewed October 31, 2009

I definitely recommend this place. I ordered the Soup of the Day (Duck soup) and the Freedom Dip. My wife had a loaded baked potato and a chicken ceasar wrap (Hail Ceasar if I remember correctly.) we rarely agree on restaurants, but both of us agree that this was one of the best for quality of food, value, and service.

Not one of the most obvious places to eat in the Dells, but definitely one of the best.

Reviewed October 17, 2009

We've eaten in the Dells a handful of times on roadtrips or stays.... the restaurant choices and quality are unexpectedly disappointing. I usually dread eating in the Dells- and head to Baraboo. Surprisingly, on this trip- we found a restaurant with fresh and healthful food.

The High Rock takes fresh ingredients and cooks with them- on premise (seemingly) - unlike their competition, which usually seems like packaged, frozen, reheated or poured out of a can. We had the Hummous Amongus- yum! I have had many hummouses- this one rates as one of the best. My waldorf chicken salad was fresh (not iceberg) and prepared with care. All 6 of us had great meals.

Service was OK- but they were busy... I'm guessing because of their good reviews.

All in all- top rating for the Dells!

Reviewed September 30, 2009

High Rock Cafe came recommended to us by the concierge where we were staying. We had some not so great dining experiences so far and decided to try this place. My husband and I had different dishes and they were both fantastic. The entrees are priced reasonably for such great food, from $16 to about $20. The service was great. This place is a must if you enjoy a great meal in a relaxed setting overlooking Broadway from the 2nd floor.

Reviewed August 26, 2009

We went on a Sunday in August at around 12:30, we waited about 1/2 hour for a table for 2 adults/2 kids. It is a nice, very small contemporary restaurant, a relief from most of the other places in the Dells. Since it's on the 2nd floor, it overlooks the main street. The food we had was good. I had a beef tip sandwich a bit tough but tasted good, my husband a shrimp sandwich of some sort he liked, my kids, the basic mac n cheese, chicken fingers. Everything was fresh. Our waitress, an older woman wasn't friendly, more business like. It took about 20 minutes for our food. Go there if you aren't in a rush.

Reviewed August 17, 2009

We have been going to WI Dells for the past 4 years and have never had good food. Ever. I went to Trip Advisor to find somewhere decent to eat a meal. High Rock was #1 on the list and we gave it a try.

BEST restaurant in the Dells! I am amazed two young guys would chose this location to open such a nice place. I had the Waldorf salad and could not say enough good things about it. I am STILL telling people about it three days later. After two days of eating crap at water parks, this salad was just what I needed! I wished I could have had an endless supply!

My son ordered the pb&j and it came grilled. Melty peanut butter.....YUM! It was like dessert.

My other son ordered chicken stipes with fruit and I was shocked at the attention to detail on his plate. For a kids meal to have sliced fresh strawberries, green apple, and oranges....instead of cantaloupe and honey dew thrown into a side bowl.....was very impressive.

My husband ordered the monte cristo and ate every last bite.

I wish I had found this place YEARS ago. Wish we lived closer, this would be a weekly outing for us.

1  Thank SassyOwatonna_MN