“Bargain Gem”
Review of High Rock Cafe

High Rock Cafe
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Modern American cuisine with a sense of adventure, High Rock stands out with bold flavors and fresh ingredients. Serving lunch and dinner you can enjoy this local's favorite restaurant, located in the heart of downtown Wisconsin Dells. High Rock Cafe offers casual dining in a contemporary atmosphere. Unique salads, wraps, sandwiches, delicious crab cakes, pastas, steaks, and so much more. Great local micro-brews and wine list, and new specialty craft cocktails. Open daily at 11 am. Visit us during your next vacation or conference!
Reviewed February 25, 2014

This is a great restaurant! Amazing food, great presentation and reasonable prices. I have been there twice while in the Dells and both times the food was excellent. The pasta dishes are wonderful. I had the one with chicken and bruschetta which was very very good. We also had the root beer ribs and Cuban sandwich and all were really good. The food is more upscale than many of the Dells restaurants both in taste and presentation but the atmosphere is fine for casual attire. Prices are very reasonable compared to other restaurants in the area.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,599)

Reviewed February 25, 2014

We eat here each year on our vacation and it is always excellent. This year we had one of the best deserts my wife and I have ever had.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

My husband and I live near the Dells and we always enjoy stopping in for a meal at High Rock. The portions are comparable to other restaurants of a similar caliber. The hostess was a little young perhaps, not being as pleasant or attentive as our waitress, but it's a learning process. We enjoyed our food, as we always do, and we finished with the amazing pop rock cheesecake.
It's a nice place with good service and fun food.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

It's hard to choose a favorite about this place: the view or the food. There's something special about enjoying a birthday lunch with my best friend, overlooking a main street in the Dells.

The service was good - attentive, but not hovering. The food was excellent, with portions large enough for us each to take a box home. Plus, I appreciated their seasonal menu. We were very pleased with the soup of the day, AND the desserts!

I plan to return here when I pass through Wisconsin again.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

For the amount of $$$ one has to spend, we didn't think it was worth it! Yes, it was upscale inside, but the food and/or amount of food for the price wasn't worth it. FOR LUNCH, we spent $56, including tip. We didn't even had dessert. All I had was a salad that was okay. My husband wasn't impressed with his sandwich.

1  Thank KATHEE F