“Unexpected deliciousness”
Review of High Rock Cafe

High Rock Cafe
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Modern American cuisine with a sense of adventure, High Rock stands out with bold flavors and fresh ingredients. Serving lunch and dinner you can enjoy this local's favorite restaurant, located in the heart of downtown Wisconsin Dells. High Rock Cafe offers casual dining in a contemporary atmosphere. Unique salads, wraps, sandwiches, delicious crab cakes, pastas, steaks, and so much more. Great local micro-brews and wine list, and new specialty craft cocktails. Open daily at 11 am. Visit us during your next vacation or conference!
Reviewed January 29, 2014

WOW - The service was truly impeccable at High Rock Cafe. I came here for a wedding reception and had an incredible evening. The food was wonderful, cooked perfectly with full flavor. The best restaurant in the area.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,611)

Reviewed January 27, 2014

The service was good but the food was average. Just reading the menu the food sounds all home made and tasty. However, the tater tots were just frozen ones like at the grocery store and the hamburger seemed also to be frozen and from the store. The toppings and seasoning were good but overall just average.

1  Thank uwwteach
Reviewed January 21, 2014

We liked this place so much we went back twice in one trip. I got the Surf & turf and she got the NY Strip. Both were excellent and reasonably priced. She just had to alter her order a little. No peppercorns and sauce on the side, and she was happy. If their stuff seems a little weird for you just order it the way you want. They had no problem altering recipe a bit. It was a little different from a weekend night to a monday, but very good both times. I liked the steak a little better on the weekend, but on monday I got some really huge scallops that were awesome. The ambience was a little weird around xmas time but I like weird. The food is really top notch here and pretty inexpensive for what you get. I would come back to the Dells just to eat here again. This is the best restaurant in the Dells, and one of my favorites anywhere.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

My husband and I went on Saturday night, there was a wait, but only about 15-20 mins. We got the Gilly Goat to start, I was so good. The menu said it contained hot sauce, but I decided to be nice to my husband and allow us to get something that might be spicy (I am a whimp when it comes to spicy foods) The creamy texture of the goat cheese helped balance the spicyness of the dish. For our entree we split the Short Ribs, which was amazing. The cherry on top was actually an over-easy egg, it really added a nice balance with the sweetness of the root-beer glazed short ribs and the saltiness of the potaotoes. For dessert we split the Kit Kat Bar, and oh my goodness after that first bite I thought I died and went to dessert heaven. If there hadn't been other people around, I am not ashamed to admit that I would have licked my plate. Service was great, and I really applaude the servers timing. We received our dinner maybe a few minutes after we finished our appetizer, which was perfect. I think the menu was priced pretty well, you get what you pay for! I will be back EVERY time I visit the Dells.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

We ate here for lunch in the winter, prior to going to a winery. Service was prompt and really nice. We just got sandwiches and wraps, since we were there for lunch, and portions were bigger than I would have expected... Food was delicious, and would cater to all palates. The cafe is in a great part of the downtown Dells, and the upstairs overlooks the street, for great people watching opportunities. Will be back, our next time in the Dells.