“Finally a selection of healthy eating”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of High Rock Cafe

High Rock Cafe
Cuisines: American, Bar, International, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Modern American cuisine with a sense of adventure, High Rock stands out with bold flavors and fresh ingredients. Serving lunch and dinner you can enjoy this local's favorite restaurant, located in the heart of downtown Wisconsin Dells. High Rock Cafe offers casual dining in a contemporary atmosphere. Unique salads, wraps, sandwiches, delicious crab cakes, pastas, steaks, and so much more. Great local micro-brews and wine list, and new specialty craft cocktails. Open daily at 11 am. Visit us during your next vacation or conference!
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Finally a selection of healthy eating”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

When you are tired of eating all that heavy fried food found along the highway restaurants in The Dells, go to downtown and find the High Rock Cafe. this cute and slightly retro restaurant has a decent but inexpensive wine list and a good cocktails selection. I needed one after spending the day at the water park! They have a kids menu that satisfies. And their chef does a very nice job of taking comfort food to a higher level. It's not four-star dining but I don't come to Vacation City USA for high end dining. I did however want green veggies and a nice martini. I got both and I didn't have to break the bank. They said their grilled cheese was the best anywhere. I don't know about anywhere but it was good for the Dells. I asked for a sweet potato substitution which was no problem at all. Pretty darn good for the Dells. The service was good as well. Just remember, this is the self proclaimed Water Park Capital of the World, not downtown Chicago.

“Gourmet and fresh”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

We decided to try this cafe after seeing the reviews on Trip Advisor and we were not disappointed. The sandwiches and salads were delicious and different. The service was outstanding. We will be back!!

Frederick, Maryland
“Excellent even in the off season!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Spectacular food and service. We visited High Rock on our way out of town in early March, before all of the other restaruants openned up for Spring Break. What a great place. We have a few kids, so dining out is always a hassle, but the staff was super helpful and the food came out very quick. We got two appetizers, the bruschetta and the special carrot humus (carrots were the special ingrediant this week.) Both were awesome. We ordered our younger kids the mac and cheese off the kids menu, these came out right after the appetizers which was perfect timing. I got the Soprano, my wife got the Cusabi Wrap, and my olderst son got the Royal Burger, all were delicious. The surprise hit that everyone was fighting over was my eldest daughters order of Big Kid Mac & Cheese with Bacon and Chicken. It was fabulous and was a huge portion! Even after the last bite, the kids were fighting over who got to lick the bowl....Mom won. We had a phenominal lunch with appetizers for under $80 for a large family. A truly wonderful experience that we look forward to visiting again.

Ingleside, Illinois
“Pleasant Surprise in the Dells”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

I would have never expected such an eclectic menu and food style at the Dells. I was so pleased to find it though! Fantastic food! We had 4 girls and myself and hubby with so we all got different items to try. Each of them was very tasty and unique. The prices were reasonable also and that's a fresh concept in itself in a resort town.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank annaandroman
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
“Would definitely be back :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Great food and service. I had the calamari and my boyfriend had a burger. The calamari was very flavorful, and the portion quite big as well. Just the right balance of sweet and spicy, and the crisp was perfect. The burger was a bit dry because my bf had it well done, but if it had been a medium rare or well it would have tasted real good. The staff is quite friendly. The chef even came up to our table and asked how our food was. The place is wonderful as well. Tastefully decorated and well-lit.