“Great atmosphere, great food!”
Review of High Rock Cafe

High Rock Cafe
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Modern American cuisine with a sense of adventure, High Rock stands out with bold flavors and fresh ingredients. Serving lunch and dinner you can enjoy this local's favorite restaurant, located in the heart of downtown Wisconsin Dells. High Rock Cafe offers casual dining in a contemporary atmosphere. Unique salads, wraps, sandwiches, delicious crab cakes, pastas, steaks, and so much more. Great local micro-brews and wine list, and new specialty craft cocktails. Open daily at 11 am. Visit us during your next vacation or conference!
Reviewed January 14, 2013

When I made a trip to the High Rock Cafe I was absolutely stunned at how nice it was. From the outside, it doesn't appear nice, but once you get inside it is great! There's a bottom level, and a top level where people could eat. We asked to eat on the top floor and it was really decorated and you could sense the good vibe from everyone. The service was great, the food was somewhat unusual but that doesn't mean it wasn't delicious! It was amazing food!

2  Thank Jacob B

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Inventive fare done well. They have a sense of humor even on the menu. Funky-yet-classy silverware-themed decor. Attentive service. Interesting drinks. A good place for conversation. My pasta was one step yummier than I would make at home, and there was plenty of it. My sweetie ordered crab cakes for an appetizer. I don't usually like crab cakes, but these were good - which made me wonder about the crab-ness of them, but the sauce was really yummy. The meal was a little over priced for the quality of the food, but it was a good place for dinner. I'd eat here again.

2  Thank Vivianne G
Reviewed January 9, 2013

High Rock Cafe is located amongst many tourist attractions in the downtown section of Wisconsin Dells. Without having done any research prior to our trip, I likely would have missed this gem of a culinary experience, simply because of its location (we were trying to avoid main tourist attraction locations). Dining here is unlike any other dining experience in the Dells, and the food offerings are incredible.

My preference would have been to visit this restaurant during the time when the tapas were offered so that we could enjoy an expansive variety, although my toddlers had other plans. We had an early lunch here, and the meal was incredibly refreshing after having dined at the resort for the past few meals. I needed something lighter, fresher, tastier, and I was craving some real passionate cooking. Wow, this place delivered!

We ordered the Billy Goat (incredible goat cheese dish accompanied with a generous portion of crusty bread), Hummus Amungous, Calamari (succulent calamari in a heavenly sauce unlike the norm), Shrimp Caesar salad, and the Soprano sandwich (creative and impressive). The portions were generous, very well presented, and all delivered together. Each provided a delightful taste, and you could certainly taste the love and passion put into this meal. We were all very pleased.

In addition to the food itself, this meal was greatly enhanced by the knowledge of our waiter and his input in our menu selections. It is so comforting for new diners (even adventurous ones) to be greeted by somebody who exudes passion in the menu offerings, and has not only the knowledge of each menu item, but also the willingness to familiarize himself with the diners' tastes. They have those type of waiters at the High Rock Cafe. Enjoy-I know you'll like it!

3  Thank MEKA354
Reviewed December 30, 2012

I've been here quite a few times over the years, and every time I eat here its always good. My favorite item is the Rio Grande wrap. Love the flavor combination in that wrap! The pastas are also pretty good. Another great thing is the beer sampler option, so you can try small glasses of multiple beers instead of ordering one to try and risk not liking it. It can get busy sometimes, so I usually try to go during the off season when all the annoying tourists aren't in there.

2  Thank Andrew S
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I was a little leary walking up to this place, as it looks like a regular cafe on any Main St. (A professional must have taken this picture on tripadvisor!) The hostess tried to seat us downstairs because, "I don't know if there's a table for 5 upstairs". The downstairs was nothing special, so I said, "Why don't you go look?". Upstairs is much better. We all enjoyed our food. I had a lettuce salad with shrimp and cilantro dressing. My husband had a green salad with apples and walnuts. Most salads were around $11, so not cheap. Daughter had the tree hugger sandwich. One son had the shrimp and bacon sandwich, which he loved. He thought the pumpkin soup was just o.k. Last son had a turkey wrap, which he liked. It's hard to please everyone, but High Rock Cafe did just that.