“Delicious Meal”
Review of High Rock Cafe

High Rock Cafe
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Modern American cuisine with a sense of adventure, High Rock stands out with bold flavors and fresh ingredients. Serving lunch and dinner you can enjoy this local's favorite restaurant, located in the heart of downtown Wisconsin Dells. High Rock Cafe offers casual dining in a contemporary atmosphere. Unique salads, wraps, sandwiches, delicious crab cakes, pastas, steaks, and so much more. Great local micro-brews and wine list, and new specialty craft cocktails. Open daily at 11 am. Visit us during your next vacation or conference!
Reviewed January 9, 2013

High Rock Cafe is located amongst many tourist attractions in the downtown section of Wisconsin Dells. Without having done any research prior to our trip, I likely would have missed this gem of a culinary experience, simply because of its location (we were trying to avoid main tourist attraction locations). Dining here is unlike any other dining experience in the Dells, and the food offerings are incredible.

My preference would have been to visit this restaurant during the time when the tapas were offered so that we could enjoy an expansive variety, although my toddlers had other plans. We had an early lunch here, and the meal was incredibly refreshing after having dined at the resort for the past few meals. I needed something lighter, fresher, tastier, and I was craving some real passionate cooking. Wow, this place delivered!

We ordered the Billy Goat (incredible goat cheese dish accompanied with a generous portion of crusty bread), Hummus Amungous, Calamari (succulent calamari in a heavenly sauce unlike the norm), Shrimp Caesar salad, and the Soprano sandwich (creative and impressive). The portions were generous, very well presented, and all delivered together. Each provided a delightful taste, and you could certainly taste the love and passion put into this meal. We were all very pleased.

In addition to the food itself, this meal was greatly enhanced by the knowledge of our waiter and his input in our menu selections. It is so comforting for new diners (even adventurous ones) to be greeted by somebody who exudes passion in the menu offerings, and has not only the knowledge of each menu item, but also the willingness to familiarize himself with the diners' tastes. They have those type of waiters at the High Rock Cafe. Enjoy-I know you'll like it!

3  Thank MEKA354
Write a ReviewReviews (1,599)

Reviewed December 30, 2012

I've been here quite a few times over the years, and every time I eat here its always good. My favorite item is the Rio Grande wrap. Love the flavor combination in that wrap! The pastas are also pretty good. Another great thing is the beer sampler option, so you can try small glasses of multiple beers instead of ordering one to try and risk not liking it. It can get busy sometimes, so I usually try to go during the off season when all the annoying tourists aren't in there.

2  Thank Andrew S
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I was a little leary walking up to this place, as it looks like a regular cafe on any Main St. (A professional must have taken this picture on tripadvisor!) The hostess tried to seat us downstairs because, "I don't know if there's a table for 5 upstairs". The downstairs was nothing special, so I said, "Why don't you go look?". Upstairs is much better. We all enjoyed our food. I had a lettuce salad with shrimp and cilantro dressing. My husband had a green salad with apples and walnuts. Most salads were around $11, so not cheap. Daughter had the tree hugger sandwich. One son had the shrimp and bacon sandwich, which he loved. He thought the pumpkin soup was just o.k. Last son had a turkey wrap, which he liked. It's hard to please everyone, but High Rock Cafe did just that.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

I enjoyed this place so much I was surprised we had never eaten there. The crab cakes were wonderful...lump crab, lovely flavor, sauce with a little kick. The fennel oyster soup was obviously made there and very tasty. We both had shrimp menu items and were not disappointed with the flavors and freshness of the meals. Beware the garlic tator tots if you are not a lover of garlic. Two days later and I think it is still coming out my pores! I ate every bit!

Reviewed December 27, 2012

I have to agree that the high rock is a must in the Dells. The menu changes regularly. Also be sure to check out the whine pairing nights. The food is always good and the menu is unique. Its a secret in the dells because they do not advertise much. I've been a regular customer since Justin and Wade opened it