“Really Good Ribs”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Really Good Ribs”
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

Went for lunch the week of 4th of July. Adults had ribs, kids had sloppy Joe and corn dogs. Ribs were great--fall off the bone. Big portions--I couldn't finish. Overall good experience.

Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent food and service!”
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Food was great! I have a family of 5. We ordered the "Hog Trough". Everyone ate until full and we had plenty of leftovers! Will definitely go again:)

• Visited July 2014
Sioux City, Iowa
“Great Food”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Food was wonderful,priced well. Had a wonderful visit with the owner. Waiter was great and friendly!

Visited June 2014
chicago, IL
“Mixed results...”
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

We went here based on one of the people in our groups prior experience which was good. We ended up with mixed results this time.

GOOD:
* The place has a ton of room so it was relatively easy to get seated even with our larger group of 8.
* though I'm not a corn bread or corn fritter fan, I'm told by those who are that these were fantastic here
* the brisket I had was tasty and got a good portion size of it
* Others who had the BBQ chicken said it was good also
* The service rec'd was fine but not wasn't always super fast

NOT SURE:
* There was an odd arrangement of decor to this place from farm tools, Alabama pride, deer heads, DJ/performer stage with lights going though no one was up there, what appeared to be counter in the back of restaraunt selling candy, etc.. I guess gave something to look at!

NOT AS GOOD:
* Pulled pork was quite salty and greasy. One in our group couldn't really eat much of it.
* They had to bring 4 bottles of ketchup before it was ok, first two had enough ketchup for one persons fries, the third had a very funny taste (not sure what that was) and then the forth one. In a group of 8 all with fries and a couple kids who put it on everything why bring two nearly empty bottle over to start!
* though good tasting, the serving size of BBQ was smaller
* I know some may argue great BBQ doesn't need sauce and that I get that, but I still like trying different BBQ sauces of which they didn't have any except for the small amount which came with your meal which wasn't enough. Not sure if they did have them and it wasn't pointed or missed by us or....

So, overall mixed results. Some good and some not as good. For me, it's not that I wouldn't return, but probably won't be super high on the list to return right away either.

Visited June 2014
Waunakee, Wisconsin
“These reviews make me scratch my head!”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

My family of 4 visited in the middle of June on a Saturday around 4:30. My 9 yo had mac n cheese, she hardly ate any of it. The bowl was extremely hot, it looked like it was sitting for quite some time. My wife, 11 yo and I had pulled chicken and pulled pork sandwiches, the pork was decent the chicken was nasty. I didn't understand a bbq place putting pulled bbq meat on ciabatta bread. Too much bread not enough meat. Way over priced for the little bit of food we had, roughly $60 for 3 sandwiches and a kids meal. I understand its WI Dells but I figured it would be good bbq for that price. You don't always get what you pay for! My wife's order was wrong, she wanted to substitute sweet potato fries for regular for an up charge. She tried to explain it to the server but he just gave the smile and nod, lacking in English a bit so after 3 times she said the heck with it. They have an up charge for fries, any other side you want is extra, even different kinds of potatoes . It took us over an hour to get our food which was odd for only 3 other tables used at the time. On a positive note, their bbq sauces were very good, but I can't eat just sauce.

• Visited June 2014