“Kids loved this, but I was confused” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Wizard Quest

Wizard Quest
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Wizard Quest is the leader in computer interactive games played in a live setting. The setting is a 13000 square foot fantasy, themed labrynth (we call it the quadrasphere). Your quest is to free or freeze a wizard. To do this you must find answers to riddles and questions that are given to you on your "skrindle". The answers are found in the realms...Some hidden, some obvious and some not so obvious. The quadrashpere is full of secret passages, hidden entrances, a ball pit and a mirror maze.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
nyc
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Kids loved this, but I was confused”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2007

My kids 7 and 12 loved this place. My wife loved it too. They enjoy fantasy movies and books and so knew what to expect. After a while I got into it as well after seeing how much they were enjoying themselves.

We left the Dells for Yellowstone and during the drive they talked about how much they wanted to go back to Wizard Quest.

1 Thank on_the_road_from_nyc

North Dakota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“High point of our trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2007

This was definitely a major highlight of our trip! It was very well thought out and not cheesy at all. The dim lighting was great as it set up the fantasy theme, and the decor and enviorment were amazing! It was like you were actually on a real adventure. We could have spent the entire time [an hour and a half] just looking at stuff. Plus you get a discount at the nearby Gnome Depot [you can't miss it because that's where you come up at after completing your quest] depending on how many wizards you free.

Below I've listed some very important things you should know before going on Wizard Quest:

* Always go with the quest where you have to get your own glimmers instead of the Apprentice mode, where you already have the glimmers and just have to find the wizard's portraits. Finding the clues to get glimmers is a MAJOR point in the game and you will be totally bored if you just have to find the wizards.
*The Air realm is the easiest area to find clues. It's the realm you start out in after you enter your quest.
*If you aren't very flexible and are worried about having to crawl through tunnels, you should know that there are alternate ways to do almost everything and you probably can find another way to get around an obstacle. [But there are some smaller tunnels that have clues hidden in them, so if you want as many glimmers as possible, you should have someone with you who can crawl through tunnels if needed.
*There is no things that jump out at you or things that I think would be scary to children.
* There is an area in the Earth Realm that is a maze made out of mirrors. If you go there, be careful and walk with your arms outstretched so you don't walk into a mirror.
*In the Water Realm, there is this one thing that sometimes squirts you with water if you step on it. I believe they have a sign near it warning you of this.
*You use your scanner "wand" a lot, so make sure you don't lose it or get it all crumpled up. Also, there are scanners hidden around that give or take away time or glimmers.
*The exit is up the stairway in Dragon Junction.
*You can continue to look around after your time is gone, but I don't think you can add glimmers to your score or free wizards after that.

Wizard Quest was a great family attraction and needed a lot of teamwork!

6 Thank KittyCruise
Mankato, MN.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great family activity”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2007

I must admit, I was slightly concerned about how good this could be going in....but my family and I had a great time. We were a little confused at the onset, but quickly got into the swing of things and were engaged and scrambling right up to the end. We had fun and would definitely go again.

Well designed, executed and a good family activity.

1 Thank darrenwacker
Germantown, WI
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Maintenance Issues hurt the experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2007

Maintenance issues really marred our experience. Many of the terminals that were used to as part of the quest were broken. Many had broken keyboards with keys missing. A keyboard is an inexpensive replacement - there is no excuse for this.

Other items throughout the attraction were also not functioning. They didn't seem to have a problem in charging full price for an attraction that was half operational.

One safety concern - at one point we had to climb up from platform to platform, one platform tipped as I put my weight on it and I realized that it wasn't fastened down.

I think if they would make an effort to keep the attraction maintained it could be worthwhile, but in its current state - I say pass

1 Thank Renceward
Ohio
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2007

Our family really enjoyed this. Money well spent. We were able to release the wizards, but it was down to the last minute for us. Our sons would have liked to go again. It challenged all of us, mom, dad and two boys, 13 & 11. It took lots of teamwork!

Well done.