“That this place stays open makes me feel better about the world”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Wizard Quest

Wizard Quest
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Wizard Quest is the leader in computer interactive games played in a live setting. The setting is a 13000 square foot fantasy, themed labrynth (we call it the quadrasphere). Your quest is to free or freeze a wizard. To do this you must find answers to riddles and questions that are given to you on your "skrindle". The answers are found in the realms...Some hidden, some obvious and some not so obvious. The quadrashpere is full of secret passages, hidden entrances, a ball pit and a mirror maze.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Brisbane
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“That this place stays open makes me feel better about the world”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

My first impression about this place was that some guy must have had a trust fund and a vision and built a dream attraction in the Dells that was certainly doomed. In a word, Wizard Quest is _weird_. There is this whole mythology and complicated set of clues and parts of the quest that I don't really understand and things inside the attraction that don't seem to fit into anything that is actually part of the quest. And yet, we had such a great time there the first time that we contrived a reason to go back to the Dells in large part so we could check out Wizard Quest again. You have a time limit and have to figure out the answers to questions in order to solve different quests and free the four Wizards (named for Earth, Air, Fire, and Water), and each with their corresponding area in the attraction.

This is a flawed attraction: the computers are far too persnickety in what they will accept as an answer for a question, the adolescent staff way too freely give out answers and spoilers, and some of the answer sheet questions don't really work. I love that such a quirky puzzle quest has a place in the heart of the Dells, I'm cheering for it to succeed, and if you have a puzzly nature I urge you strongly to give it a go. But don't be thrown if you encounter a kink or two. (And also, even if you are very good with puzzles in general, don't opt for the expert version of the quest, just do the regular one.)

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Beckie_and_Jeremy
Jamie D, Guest Relations Manager at Wizard Quest, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Thank you for your honest review. Please visit our website www.wizardquest.com to learn more about the creators if you are interested in their *weird* Ideas! Thank you for visiting and we are glad that you enjoyed it and hope to see you again!

Antigo, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

I had a great time with my friend. My little brother didn't want to go in because he was scared. If you are bringing someone and they are scared tell them not to be scared because it is lots of fun. I saw two year olds having a great time. We made lots of memories. We bought necklaces that are very pretty and I wear mine all the time. Please consider this as a great place to have fun and make memories during your Wis. Dells vacation.

1 Thank Madison G
Plovdiv, Bulgaria
71 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“A unique experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

Being an Eastern European,I've never seen anything like this. For me it was one of a kind. I think it should be visited by everyone,who likes excitement,magic and adventure.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank Annie I
Minneapolis, Minnesota
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“We had fun!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

What a creative attraction! At first I thought, for good reason, that it looked awful and cheesy, but I really enjoyed our families time there. The only thing I would recommend to anyone that has never done any sort of "quest" would be to really understand what to do! We started the wizard quest and realized that we really didn't understand any of it, which was kind of funny to me and our children (ages 7,9,12)... so we regrouped and came up with a strategy, which promptly went out the window so we just relaxed and had a blast! I really do appreciate and enjoy things that make your kids think while they are having fun. Also, store your purse BEFORE starting the quest - you cannot free 4 wizards with a big 'ole purse on your shoulder! Just doesn't look right or fit in small crawling spaces :)

Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So creative!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

Our family has been here a few times, but my kids were too small to remember. They had a BLAST this time!!!! Just the environment is worth trying at least once. You've never seen anything like it. I hope Wizard's Quest is in the dells forever.
I just have to remember to bring more money for the gift shop. So much cool stuff. Even my professional and into cars manly man husband loves the place :)