“Urine smell”
Review of Country Squire Inn

Country Squire Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Country Squire Inn
Ranked #62 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here due to no vacancy at other hotels. Matresses were inspected at our arrival and all we saw was wet/urine stains and holes, place needs to be updated badly! Great location though. Pool was so so....

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Analily

Reviewed June 22, 2012

My cousin stayed here and it was nearly impossible to reach her through the front desk. The property has a toll free number which they pick up almost immediately, presumably because they are eager to talk to people inquiring about reservations. The owners, however, RARELY pick up their landline which you have to dial in order to be transferred to a guest's room. They must figure once they have your money, there is no need for them to provide any sort of service whatsoever.

It took me almost 10 minutes of constant calling before the proprietor finally decided to pick up the landline- the same woman who picked up my call to their 1-800 number immediately. Note, this was after I called the toll free number AGAIN to ask why she was not picking up her landline. While still on the line with her, I let her listen to my cell phone calling her landline. "Do you hear that?" I asked her. "That's me calling your landline!" She responded "Well, I'm only one person and I can't pick up the other line if I'm talking to you."

DO NOT EXPECT ANY SORT OF CUSTOMER SERVICE HERE. This venue deals mostly with foreign work study students and seems to think they can treat their customers and their customers' families with rude attitudes.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank LBoogieLA
Reviewed June 19, 2012

We stayed over Fathers Day weekend and Stella and Mark were great! Beds really suck! But it was cheap so I'll sleep now that I am home

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 23, 2012

We stayed here since most motels in the Dells are ridiculously expensive. The room was clean and comfortable, nothing extra special, but for the price, we were happy. The casino will send a shuttle to pick you up. Mark's Bar (on-site) is a great spot for a drink or two. The location has several restaurants right across the road. It is a busy road, but the room was surprisingly quiet. Room had a fridge and microwave. A coffee maker would have been nice, but there is coffee in the office.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Hoping for a nice weekend in the Dells over the Labor Day weekend we booked at the Squire again since the rates are hard to beat. Not sure if I just got lucky with the last stay; or they have just let the property decay. The room was poorly lit, had a "funny" smell, the carpet was tacky and felt damp to the feet. The in room phone did not work and the manager brought another phone that also did not work (apparently the connection was bad). The mattresses on both beds were concave in the center. The sofa/pullout bed was covered in crumbs when we firdt entered the room. In order to get ice you have to go to the bar next to the office and get it from the bartender. Not something you want your children to do.
Overall a bad experience.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2011

location great, grounds ok--ask to see rooms before staying, a real disappointment-beds and furniture broken down--inadequate lighting and bathrooms could be cleaner.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2011

This is nice family owned and family run hotel. You are treated like family when you stay here.Throughout my childhood years, this is where we always stayed every summer when we visited the dells , I am now married and have kids of my own and recently returned to the dells I was honored to bring my Husband and my children here. The owners Stella and Mark have stayed in business for 24 yrs, they are honest people that try to keep their hotel affordable esp for families. They keep their rates down by not adding all the fancy stuff that you won't use anyway because when you visit the Dells in the summer, you spend very little time in your room, because the dells is full of fun and different things to do, so why pay for all the extra's., The owners love to see the families going out and exploring, they even have Noah's Ark tickets at a great price, along with discount cards for alot of the other attractions. The rooms are clean,& comfortable, You can park close to your room, which means no going up and down elevators to get to your car. The rooms face the pool. The pool is not freezing, and it is nice sized, great for jumping in and cooling off.
We can't wait to go back again next summer..
See you next summer Stella and Mark