“Had A great time”

Lodi, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Had A great time”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I don't under stand some of these reveiws my family spent 4 hours there and had a great time . We took lots of pictures saw some realy cool animals. I recommand this place to any family looking to have some fun in the Dells.

3 Thank neil m

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A must see...a wide variety of animals in such a small place.”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Our family has visited this park times and every trip is a new adventure. we enjoy feeding all of the different animals. It is the most hands on park. And we can't wait to see all PC the many improvements. We enjoy watching this park grow. for a small park it is an A+ rating according to my family. This is a must see adventure something new and exciting for the Dells.

2 Thank Tanyastro
Madison, Wisconsin
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“DO NOT GO HERE”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Avoid this place like the plague...We went on June 10 and we definitely will not be back...half of the exhibits aren't even finished and I feel horrible for the animals!

Some of the exhibits were fine (i.e. Zebra/Ostrich exhibit and the Black Buck exhibit), but I saw multiple concerns:

For the birds in the front of the park, the back of the cage was just plywood and insulation. Some of the birds were biting at the insulation.

The areas that the lions and tigers were kept in were basically just a sand pit with minimal shade. There was nothing in the exhibit for them to interact with either (i.e. rocks to climb on or anything).

Some sort of work with quite a bit of noise (I'm guessing air duct work?) was being done immediately above the white tiger's cage. The tiger was pacing around the cage and jumping each time there was more noise.

The animals in the "nursery" were in an extremely warm building with no ventilation or cooling. The only circulation in the room was when someone opened one of the doors.

The issue that had me the MOST concerned is at least one enclosure still had a concrete block with metal spikes sticking out of it in the middle of the enclosure. (This used to be the site of an amusement/waterpark). Based on the map, I think it would be the Impala area? Since the animal was back in the den in the enclosure and there wasn't a sign that we saw, I'm not 100% sure of which animal it was, but it was in that area.

It's possible that the animals are being taking care of as they looked healthy enough, but what I saw of the housing conditions concerned me enough that I couldn't just let it go with a clear conscience without trying to have someone look into it. I ended up contacting both the Humane Society and the USDA about it.

5 Thank Beth P
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“The Cheapest rednecks in Wisconsin Dells....!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

The Cheapest rednecks in Wisconsin Dells.... Don't waist your time and money for that terrible ugly park.... I was there for 20 min and I wasn't surprised at all... I asked for my money back and the called for supervisor witch was a one of the old men who is cleaning the cages probably and you know what he said " I'm not going to give you money back, I work my but of and know you want money back?" that's what he said..... Don't go you won't miss anything, believe me...!

4 Thank Ion C
San Tan Valley, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“very disappointing”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

The only good part of the experience was the advice at the front gate to wait until we got to the train area to spend extra money on the "safari ride." Since the park is only half completed and very confusing train should have been included. We did not do that since the rest of the site was so disappointing. Staff we asked could not assist in trying to locate things from a very confusing map. Recommend going to the Madison Zoo (free admit) instead!!

3 Thank azmlw