“Bed Bugs...Beware”

Ranked #14 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Kenosha, Wisconsin
“Bed Bugs...Beware”
Reviewed January 19, 2011

Stayed here for weekend of January 7-9 in rooms 3072 and 3074 which is a 3 bedroom deluxe. Had a wonderful time and thought it was great experience until I realized I brought bed bugs home. I called a local pest control and it was verified that it is bed bugs. I have not gone or stayed anywhere before or after my stay at Glacier Canyon Lodge so this is the only place I could of picked them up from. The owner from this pest control also told me that the hotels in Wisonsin Dells are infested with bed bugs. When I called the hotel to inform them of the bed bugs, the front desk Manager said to me " bed bugs were very bad here this summer but I have not heard of any complaints lately". BEWARE and use precaution if staying here because now it is going to cost me a lot of money to get rid of these nasty bed bugs.

• Stayed January 2011
2 Thank tbrown3sons
WildernessResort, Manager at Glacier Canyon Lodge, responded to this review, February 17, 2011
Unfortunately there is a national bed bug epidemic and they are prevalent in many different venues. However, our Director of Housekeeping (who has been trained by the state and county for bed bug prevention and identification) has thoroughly inspected the rooms in question and deemed them fine and rentable. An independent, state-licensed third party was also brought in as an extra precaution to inspect these rooms and they too concurred that they do not have bed bugs.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
Wisconsin
Reviewed December 31, 2010

We recently visited Glacier Canyon Lodge for 2 days and 3 nights so that we could utilize the Wilderness indoor water parks. When I made the reservations 3 months ago, I asked for a condo close to the skywalk leading to the water parks and that the condo be on an upper floor. Well, they got 1 out of 2 right. We were on the fourth floor, but in a building in the middle of the resort, which was a pretty long walk to the water parks, but it could have been worse. We checked in at 3:55pm and the person checking us in did everything but gives us our keys. She said she could not give them to us until 4:00pm. I said to her, you want us to come back in five minutes and collect our keys? And she said yes. My husband rolled his eyes, used the restroom and went back to the line to check in and because by this time it was 4:01pm, he could retrieve the keys. Seems a little silly and trivial, but seriously, you can't hand out keys 5 minutes before 4:00pm check in?

Pros: The condos are very nice. We stayed in a 2 bedroom, 1 full bath and 1 1/2 bath. I am really picky when it comes to cleanliness of a hotel room and I have to say after giving it the once-over, it was very clean. There were five in our group, 2 adults, 2 teenagers and 1 child and we all had plenty of room to spread out. Another pro was that we could not hear our neighbors which was great.

Negatives: Long walk to water parks, but we didn't actually mind because after the holidays who couldn't stand to do a little extra walking? We didn't have any kitchen towels, but again, when I called the front desk they brought some up right away.

We all really enjoyed the water parks, the room and the overall experience was great. I would definitely recommend this resort to families of all ages.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 15, 2010

I recently stayed at the Glacier Canyon lodge in Wisconsin Dells. It is part of the wilderness territory. We really enjoyed the stay! The price for staying at a off peak time was very good They had a lot of things for the kiddies to do, 4 indoor waterparks, a huge arcade, indoor playground area, indoor mini golf etc. They had very nice fall decor throughout the complex and free trick or treating for the kids. One piece of advice is do not use the concierge services, they will not stop hounding you to buy their time share! Definitely will stay again.

Reviewed November 12, 2010

We went for Labor Day and were pleasantly surprised at the crowd levels -- not bad at all. With so many water parks, it's easy to find one with activities to suit everyone. Our favorite was the indoor wave pool. In addition to the wave pool, it has a kiddie area as well as a family raft slide. The family rafts are awesome! If you can get a good rate, it's also a fantastic deal since it includes the water park. Down the street, Noah's Ark is $25+ per person, which would add up quickly on top of a room rate elsewhere, and Wilderness has indoor water parks which was great for a rainy Labor Day.

The rooms are large and comfortable. Two queen beds provide plenty of space. Only complaint would be that the entertainment center had a crooked broken drawer. We were only there for one night, so no big deal. But since this is actually a timeshare (that rents room for cash, too), I wouldn't be too thrilled about that if I were an owner and seeing the furniture breaking (and seeing my dues increase).

Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 9, 2010

We had a great time. Plenty of stuff for my son to do, the arcade alone is so big we almost spent a day there. We went Mini golfing, played lazer tag, and all very affordable. The water parks are large and there is tons of stuff for my 3 three year old to do and explore. We ate at the Thirsty Buffalo Saloon and the Wild Canyon Cafe. Service was fast food was hot all around great experience.

Reviewed November 9, 2010

The hotel is attached to several other hotels and do to this you have several waterpark areas. They offer shuttle service no charge from one place to another or you can choose to walk in the heated inside hallways. Their food is wonderful but as anything at the dells you pay out the nose. Beer is the same $6.00 for a bottle. Yeah smuggle your own in. The rooms were very nice, Clean and ample for the kids. The hotel staff were all very helpful. The life guards are kept on their game by a supervisor who tosses a fake baby in the water now and again without the gaurds knowing it. They were quick to react. Above all security was excellent I was not concerned in the least about my kids. They have a wonderful arcade area and play center for after hours. We hit a water park every 3 months or so and we will be back time and time again!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Chicago
Reviewed November 6, 2010

First, what a lot of the other reviewers don't seem to understand about Glacier Canyon is that this resort is actually a Time Share that operates in partnership with Wyndham. That being said, the additional fee for cleaning and no daily house keeping is standard. I think after reading many reviews that several of these guest have never stayed at a time share and expect the same service as you get at a hotel, for those who want daily house keeping, there is the Wilderness Lodge which is a traditional hotel. We had a 3 bedroom.

Staff was very friendly and accommodating. We did run into a few rude guest, but it's not like the hotel; / time share has any control over that. We would go back and will recommended to others.

3 Thank ChicagoInTheHouse