“Excellent as always”

and 1 more site!
Glacier Canyon Lodge
Ranked #17 of 74 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Clean and friendly all around, the lifeguards are fantastic and so are all the staff we encountered. The only slight recommendation I have is they start to do some painting of slides/areas and touch up of some concrete work before it becomes an issue.

Room Tip: Its a huge facility but there are shuttles that run around the outside. There are rooms that are cl...

Reviewed August 8, 2013

We had a wonderful time at this lodge and the water parks that were there. Everything was great and all the employees were the best and very helpful. In filling out my review I assumed the first spot to mark was the excellent spot but it wasn't so I marked it the opposite of what I thought.

It was a great experience for the whole family.

1  Thank Pat A
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We just returned from our stay at the Wilderness and stayed in the Glacier Canyon Lodge. We had kids 9-21 years old and all had a great time. The resort is very clean and manicured. The staff was friendly. Lots of great water rides from mild to wild. My only suggestion is that if you want a spot at the pool get out their early as the chairs fill up quickly.
On the side, I would highly recommend their Wild Rock golf course also!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

Beautiful condo. We stayed in a 3 bdr which was all that was available when I booked it 10 months in advance as a Wyndham owner. Wyndham only owns one building but you get to use the amenities throughout the property.

The place was wall to wall kids which we certainly understood since there were 8 waterparks( 4 in door and outdoor).

Its a huge place where you can walk more than a mile to get from your room to the restaurant or waterpark. You can also take the shuttle but we liked the walk.

Breakfast was great at on site restaurant.

The Wisconsin Dells in general we didn't love. Very commercial but the resort itself was worth going to (with kids)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I wanted to stay at a resort because I thought they were cleaner and kept up (not so much). I arrived yesterday 8/6/13 on my anniversary; my room was changed 3 times. 1st room in building 2 which is close to skywalk but i was suppose to have a pool side view, my room was dirty looking, the carpet smelled and felt rough, and it was facing the parking lot. 2nd room in building 4, cleaner but FAR away from everything, next to a woman that decided to yell out her door to her son Tyron (a teenager) to get his [--] back in the room. The AC in that room was not working, my room was 82*, spent 3 hours (8pm-11pm on my anniversary) with maintenance in my room before they decided to give us another room even further away, which was cleaner than the first 2, I guess the farther away from the skywalk (excluding the timeshare buildings) the cleaner the rooms get. At 6:30am my family was awoken by kids upstairs jumping off the beds; not so annoyed by that cause kids will be kids and they are on vacation. For my inconvenience they decided that a refund of $100 on a $1200 stay was sufficient. Today I'm sitting in my room writing this review.

The majority of the different waterpark areas are geared towards smaller children under 12, I was disappointed to find out that you have to pay for the go-karts separate ($5 for a single and $6 for a double ride). Last year I stayed at Mt. Olympus, the attractions are much better, geared towards all ages and are all included in your stay. My suggestion, stay at a hotel/motel with free breakfast and free waterpark passes BECAUSE staying here you still have to walk far for everything it's easier to get in the car or walk across the street to the waterpark at that resort. And just because its a resort DOES NOT mean its cleaner than a best western, hotel Atlantis or American inn; which ALL offer free breakfast and free waterpark passes that saves a lot of money and are across the street from the expensive resorts; the walk across the street is shorter than walking the resort.

FYI the one thing that I really can't stand about these resorts is that they try their hardest to get you to take a tour of their "timeshares". Not only were they pushing it yesterday when I arrived they also pushed it today when I went to go purchase tickets to the tommy barlet water show. I said no thank you 4 times UM! Once should be enough. And what's really messed up about this place is that the first 5-6 buildings that are close to everything are only for the club Wyndham resorts (timeshare) owners/investors. I shouldn't have to buy a timeshare to get a clean well kept room. >:-(

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Clean, friendly and accommodating staff, more than enough entertainment, check in and out quick and easy!! Love this place! We made the mistake of trying somewhere different one time (mt. Olympus) and after one night of that awful place we went running to the wilderness for the rest of our trip!

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 6, 2013

This is our fourth time staying at the Wilderness Resort but our first time in the Glacier Canyon section. Our visit was only two evenings and we booked a double queen. It had plenty of room even with two teenage boys however if we were to stay longer next time we'd go for the condo to spread out. Everyone on staff was very friendly and the grounds are kept clean at all times. We'll be back for sure!

1  Thank Beth D