All reviews bedroom deluxe murphy bed full kitchen lost world wave pool water park mini golf laser tag wyndham timeshare indoor water indoor parks lazy river bumper boats klondike kavern zip line wild waterdome shuttle service
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We just returned from a 2 night stay in a 1 bedroom premier condo @ GCL. This is our 3rd stay in the Dells & we decided we're not even going to try another waterpark resort after our stay here! Our condo was very spacious and my 10 yr old son loved the Murphy bed/sleeping setup in the living room. The kitchen contained the minimum amount of cookware to get by but had no kitchen towels, washcloths or paper towels. Moms - bring your own foil, ziplocs and paper towels! Pillows are small - if you have space in your car, bring your own! Our building location (1) was perfect for access to our outdoor water park and was right by the footpath to walk to Klondike Kavern & the Wild Water Dome. Indoor walkway access was right there also but the footpath is quicker (figured this out on our last day of course). We checked out every waterpark with the exception of the options at Wilderness on the Lake. Our outdoor park was our favorite and we loved the wave pool at the Wild Water Dome. Again be forewarned - that water goes to a 6 ft depth & the waves and crowd made it hard for me to swim out the deeper end. I HIGHLY recommend you don't let your kids go anywhere that deep without an adult or a tube, period! For thrill rides, we loved the 2 new slides at Lost Canyon (GCL's outdoor water park), Halley's Comet Racers (GCL) & the Hurricane at Klondike Kavern. We didn't use much in the way of dining or extra activities so I can't share any tips there. The food & beverage is fairly pricey which is why we made full use of our kitchen area. This is not an inexpensive resort; I'll be interested to see what prices are offered in the off season for a return trip this winter. BUT, you get what you pay for and you certainly will not run out of water areas to play in or other entertainment options! It was well worth the cost.

3  Thank WN3986
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We stayed in a two bedroom deluxe villa and it was very nice. There is a murphy bed in the living room and a curtain that goes in between the living room with the bed and the kitchen area, so it's really not so bad to sleep there. We thought the room was very clean. I do agree that the walls are pretty thin, or else there was a very large person running around above us. However, I have a white noise app for my phone and that did the trick. It is also difficult to maintain the same temp between the main room and the bedrooms with the doors shut.

The waterparks were also very nice. There were so many. The place is absolutely huge, but I don't think it's something to complain about. You don't have to go everywhere! We did turned around a few times though. Saturday was a nice day and it was kind of difficult to get a tube for the lazy river, but we eventually did. Sunday was much better since many people had checked out. So I'd recommend avoiding the weekend if you can. The wave pool was really intense.

The staff I interacted with were pretty nice and spoke English. Lifeguards seemed pretty standard to me. I'd say our main qualms were the prices of drinks and lack of night life at the resort. I stayed here with a group of 3 other people in our early 30s with a baby and a baby sitter (grandma). We would have liked something to do at night without having to drive or take a taxi, but the bar was dead and 4 drinks were like $35. So I guess most people hang out in their room. The bartender said we could take the shuttle to Monk's and walk to Marley's but we didn't feel that adventurous. I'd highly recommend bringing your own drinks (don't tell anyone but you can probably sneak them in the waterpark). We didn't eat there, assuming it would be mediocre/poor resort food. We had a regular size fridge so bringing food was fine and I remember hearing there were grills around there.

We are already planning on coming back next year and making sure we get there earlier in the day to enjoy it longer and trying to find the room for less on priceline or something. It's nice that they allow you to come into the waterpark at 11 am although check in is not till 4. Our room was ready when we got there at 2 which we appreciated. This room was a great set up for 5 people and a baby, since we had a living room to hang out in and two bathrooms. Much better than getting separate hotel rooms.

1  Thank Lirpa P
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Don't plan on getting a full nights sleep here. Crying kid next door at 1am sounded like they where in the same room with us! And kids up above us sounded like they where gonna come right threw the ceiling! Water parks where a blast, but life guards looked like there where asleep! Won't be staying here again.

Room Tip: Get a top corner room!
1  Thank sarahrip
Reviewed August 10, 2012

Just read the title, It's one place to stay in Wisconsin dells, without complaining! Pluse the new outdoor attractions are to die for! The rooms where spotless and the service was wonderful! The water slide are awesome!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mason K
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We stayed two nights and had a really nice time. They have a lot of water parks. Alomost all of them had areas that were great for a toddler who has not had swimming lessons. There is a blue slide in the Lost World park that will get your heart rate up with the 3,2,1 countdown and straight drop down with a full loop.

I was really disapponted that the park did not offer a Military Discount during this time of year. Kalahari did offer one which saved us about $80 per night. But we wanted to check this resort out. I enjoyed it more than Kalahari in Sandusky Ohio, but did not see the one in the Dells.

Pros: A large variety of slides
Lines at slides move quickly (but are long at times)
Friendly lifegaurds
Very child friendly

Cons:
No Military Discount (at the time of year we went)
Found ourselves walking on the road often, not many sidewalks

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family