All reviewsbedroom deluxemurphy bedfull kitchenlost worldwave poolwater parkmini golflaser tagwyndham timeshareindoor waterindoor parkslazy riverbumper boatsklondike kavernzip linewild waterdomeshuttle service
Reviewed February 15, 2008

I stayed here with my family of 2 adults and 4 kids. When we arrived for our 4:00 check in, I had to wait 30 minutes in line just to get to the check in desk. When I finally got to the front of the line for my turn, I was told my family's room was not ready yet. I was not early. The hotel's website and literature state that check in is at 4:00 p.m.. By the time I got to the front of the line it was 4:35 p.m.. The man at the desk was very unfriendly and not helpful. He suggested that we go wait in the bar downstairs and call the front desk on the house phone in a little while to see if the room was ready yet. Then he said if the room was ready when I called that instead of being able to come directly up to the desk that I should wait in the same line that I had just been in for 30 minutes.

I was very angry. I was not going to drag 4 children down to a bar to wait. I was not going to wait 30 minutes in line again. I stood to the side of the check in desk for 10 minutes and then asked another lady behind the desk if my room was ready. She said it was and we got checked in. When I originally made my reservation by phone I had asked the reservation agent if the price she quoted included all taxes and fees. She said yes. I discovered upon check in that the price was $15.00 per night more for taxes than what I had been quoted on the phone. I felt very taken advantage of.

On the positive side our room was beautiful and very clean. We had a 2 bedroom unit with a full kitchen and 1 and 1/2 bathrooms. The beds were very comfortable. My teenage son really like the murphy bed in the living room area. It was much better than the uncomfortable sofa beds hotels usually have. There also was a curtain you could pull to separate the front room sleeping area from the rest of the unit, so he felt like he had his own room.

The resort is huge. It was a long walk to the indoor water parks. We chose not to take the shuttles because the weather was below zero when we stayed and we did not want to have to walk out to a shuttle bus in the cold. It was nice to have a choice of 3 different water parks. There was plenty to keep the kids occupied. They really had fun. The water parks were clean and there were always plenty of towels. The lifeguards were very good and were always paying attention.

We probably would stay here again. Even with the extra amount I was charged, the rate was very reasonable. I would just hope that next time the front desk personnel would have some better customer service training and rooms would be ready at 4:00 p.m. as stated in the hotel literature.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with family
8  Thank Patty M
Reviewed February 11, 2008

Postitive:
1. We have a 2 and 4 year old girls. This resort is a plus for families with Kids.

2. Can have up to 8 guest/room with all access to 6 huge waterparks. ( you would otherwise pay up to $35 as a non-guest for a waterpark this huge like Kalahari)

3. The staffs there are friendly and attentive.

4. We booked through our timeshare which saves us $$$ of money.
5. Rooms are spacious, clean, and modern. We stayed at both 2 and 3 bedroom suites.

Comments on pass Reviews

Of course you wouldn't want to stay at this resort if you're on a honeymoon, girls trip, couples only, etc. This is a resort geared towards families with children.

Why would anyone leave valuables in a hotel room? True, that hotel staffs have code of ethics, but really?

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank Happy_Travels101_8
Reviewed January 29, 2008

I have noticed in many reviews that some people are reviewing one half of the resort and others the other half. We stayed in a two bedroom presidential unit for a week in the Wyndham inn at Glacier Canyon. This is completely separate from the Glacier Canyon Lodge. And to confuse the matter more both half's of the resort are open to the other half as far as restaurants, pools, workout center, etc... I will try to keep clear which parts of the resort I am talking about during my review. As I said before We staid in a two bedroom Presidential at the Wyndham Inn at Glacier Canyon. It was beautiful, I have never seen such a big two bedroom unit. It had stainless steel appliances in the kitchen, a fireplace, huge master bath, and full sized washer and dryer. Even the mother in law was impressed. We had three adults and two kids and the room was plenty big. We only had one problem with the TV that was fixed promptly and the hot water wasn't very hot the first day, but for the rest of the week was fine. Now I had been able to peek into other rooms on the Wyndham side and they all looked nice. When we went to work out we had to go to the Glacier Canyon Lodge side. From the get go everything was different, the size and decor of the hallway was different, and when I peeked into a room that was being cleaned it was much smaller. The rooms still looked nice to me but more of a typical Hotel room not a resort condo room like the Wyndham side. I hope this helps to clear things up since it sounds like other reviewers were disappointed in what they had after reeding other reviews that might have been about the wrong half of the resort.

p.s. the pics don't quite do it justice

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
13  Thank ColoradoSullivans
Reviewed January 27, 2008

We have been going to Glacier Canyon since it opened several years ago and cannot say enough about it! When we first started staying in the Dells, we would only stay at The Wilderness because of the great waterparks and the arcade/play area for the kids. When Glacier Canyon opened up we decided to give that a try and were we surprised. It gives vacationing a whole new meaning. We usually stay in the 2 or 3 bedroom condo with the full kitchen and living room. Even though you think you don't spend any time in the room, having the kitchen and living room make everything easier. In the winter the snow tubing is an added plus and in the summer, the outdoor waterpark at Glacier Canyon with the 2-story lazy river is our first stop! As far as price goes, you cannot find a better deal in the Dells - those indoor waterparks come in handy in the summer when it rains! We have a large "Dells" group that make the trip 4+ times a year and we don't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
4  Thank crazymom2020
Reviewed January 27, 2008

We stayed for 2 nights (Friday & Saturday) at the Wyndym Inn at Glacier Canyon Lodge. We stayed in a 3 Bedroom, 2 Bath Deluxe Condo with 4 adults and 4 children under 3 years old. This was the best hotel/condo resort that we have ever stay at. The check in process was easy and fast. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Once we got to our condo we were amazed at what we saw. It was beautifully decorated, warm and inviting colors, dark woods and amazing wall art. The kitchen was fully stocked with anything you would ever need to prepare meals! There is a dining room with a table that seats 8. There is more than enough closet space to store all of the coats and shoes and luggage. The bedrooms have very comfortable beds with fluffy pillows and down comforters. The Master Suite had a two person whirlpool tub and two sinks. The oversized tiled shower is amazing! The free shampoo, conditioner, soaps and lotions were from Bath & Body Works!! There was even a washer and dryer! The living room is beautiful with extra-large patio doors leading to a covered balcony with chairs and tables. There is a gas fireplace and a flat screen TV in the living room. The only draw back was that our building was not connected to the skywalk so we had to drive over to the waterparks at the Wilderness Lodge, they also offer shuttles, but it seemed faster to drive ourselves, that way there was no waiting around. We only visited the Wild West Waterpark as we had little kids who LOVED this waterpark. It really is a great waterpark for kids 8 and under. There is also a wavepool, hot tubs, and big family tube waterslides for the adults to enjoy! The water was warm, the air temp was nice and warm and everything was very clean. The lifeguards we talk to spoke little, if any, english so it was hard if we had any questions but we figured things out on our own. The little ones loved the playhouse, but it hot in there, everyone was sweating! All the staff at this resort, that spoke english, we very friendly and accomodating. Our experience at this resort left a smile on our faces, wanting to return soon. We would definately go back again, as this resort is top notch!

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8  Thank WITVRL