“unique and charming” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fitzgeralds Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Fitzgeralds Motel
You added Fitzgeralds Motel to your Saves list
Ranked #27 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Chicago, Illinois
“unique and charming”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2010

I spent two nights at Fitzgerald's Motel last week. This place is unique and charming, beautifully maintained, and managed with devotion. The room was very clean. The people in the office were very nice, especially Margaret. It's everything a motel should be and as wonderful as I remember form the 1980's when my family stayed here! The parking was full. Values that should always matter, HONESTY. Traits that build long term relationships. Traits that send out signals that people can trust them, and that it is safe to do business with them.
Drew & Jane, IL

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Wisconsin Dells
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2010

We came here 16 years ago and got messed up at another hotel so stopped here. They gave us a great(better) rate than our original hotel and were so friendly. We came back every year sometimes more than once. Now our family lives in the Dells and it doesn't seem like summer unless we stay there for a few days sometimes more than once a summer. Good rates great people clean quiet and relaxing and walking distance to all the shop great location. I send everyone here.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2010

We arrived in the area about 11 pm. We had planned to stay at the Super 8 in Portage before going to the Wilderness the next day. We got to the Super 8 and they were full of party people. Not to mention it was close to a prison. They told us to go to a motel next door but the place looked a little scary and they wanted too much money. So we decided to finish the drive to the Dells and find a place.

We took a back road instead of getting on the expressway to try and save time. But it was a dark and tense drive. By the time we got to the Dells our three year old was crying and we were all exhausted. We drove through the deserted downtown and finally decided to stop at the Fitzgerald. My husband pulled into the lot because it had several cars. Other hotels had empty lots. It was only $50 and we were so tired and needed to get our kid out of the car so we decided to stay.

I was really nervous about what this place would be like but I was pleasantly surprised! It was a small room but it was clean and comfortable. They had decorated it in a country theme with fake floral arrangements and dollies on all the tables. Not my style but it made it feel homey. There was also a nice poem on the table about travelers. Cute touch.

We were only here about 12 hours but we had no problems. We would stay again in a pinch! I bet it's a good place to crash in the summer after being out all day. Within walking distance to downtown and it has a small pool. Staff was nice. Had mini fridge and microwave in room. Beds were comfy.

This place was in the 2010 Dells guide, they just had their 60th anniversary in business. A classic Dells motel. I recommend!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
wi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2010

We had a wonderful stay at Fitzgerald's Motel. Also, we tell our friends to stay at Fitzgerald's and they feel the same way. Best place in town!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Gladstone, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2009

We had a great time. Loved the price, location, etc. Could update the breakfast somehow and update the items in the room (tv and such). I would recommend it to all my friends and aquaintences.

• Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Portage
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2009

I was travling on a buisness trip. I decided to get a room to stay the night. I then recieved a phone call to get back on the road. Not even a hour have I stayed in the room, I then had to leave for work. I politely asked to be refunded the money. Did not even use anything. They refused. This is not good customer relations. I swear, I will do everything in my power to not give this business any business. Horrible hour I spent there. If you're reading this, DON'T STAY there. Once you see how bad it is, and want to leave with your money. YOU CAN'T!!

• Liked — Absolutely nothing.
  • Disliked — Everything!
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank tnguyen_pcpro
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2008

Absolutely ove this motel. Very warm and friendly. Would recommend it highly. Very reasonable rates.
The managers go out of their way to be friendly to their customers.

• Liked — Rooms were large
  • Disliked — none
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank poo74