“Nice older motel.”
Review of Fitzgeralds Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Fitzgeralds Motel
Ranked #31 of 73 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
McGregor, Minnesota
“Nice older motel.”
Reviewed August 2, 2011

We stayed Tue - Fri for $184 which I thought was a pretty good deal.
The hotel is in a great location for walking around downtown. There's plenty of parking, the owners are very friendly and take pride in their hotel, the room was clean, the A/C worked well, and the water pressure in the shower was AWESOME.
My ONLY complaint (if I HAD to complain about something) would be that the bedspread seemed really old which grosses me out but we just didn't use it so it was no big deal.
We would definately stay again if we wanted to stay downtown!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Nanders

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 28, 2011

I need to start out by saying that this is NOT a place if you fear OLD stuff. There isnt anything newer than 1992 at this place. That being said:
The price was super-affordable. The room was pretty clean, smelled of rose perfume and had doilies and fake flowers EVERYWHERE, but was not dirty. The bathroom was prob the worst of it, the vanity was yucky and the tub, sink, and toilet were mauve. I didnt feel like it was un-sanitary by any means, just really old. The beds were oddly comfy after we took the Maroon 1990 comforters off the bed. Sheets were VERY white and pillows cozy. The owners were nice though. They were old and tried to be accommodating. They offered little debbie snacks, tang and instant coffee in the morning for the guests which was funny but nice I guess.
You know, after all is said and done, I would probably stay again. I think I prefer junky to touristy, and the location is extremely good. Try it.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Crenee1977
Zakopane, Poland
Reviewed April 1, 2011

I stayed at Fitzgerald's in February, 2011. I would like to recomend this place becauce the place is very nice, clean, great location, and friendly. They have been as good as others said they were.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Misio84
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 5, 2010

We stayed here on accident..our car broke down and we ended up here for one night. Let me tell you, I've never been happy about a car breaking down, but after checking in here, I was ready to relax!!! What a great place. The innkeeper was VERY friendly and accomodating, a very GENUINE person. You can tell she really cares about her customers. The rooms were decorated very nicely and invitingly, with a very warm welcome letter on the bad. Very clean, and above all, COMFORTABLE!!! The beds were amazing!! The best sleep I had had in ages. Quite possibly the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in, I didn't want to wake up, or get out of it once I had! The pool area was really cute and nice, though it was a bit chilly to partake. Breakfast was simple, various cakes and coffee in the office. It felt like I was staying at home. The location is great, close to a lot of attractions/restaurants. We walked to wherever we needed to go. I will definitely stay here again, and the prices can't be beat either.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank MsHollywood84
Milwaukee, WI
Reviewed August 11, 2010

This Innkeeper was conscientious and friendly. She handed us coupons right away. We just walked up and asked the price and of course after she said price was $30-150/night LESS than those close to the attractions & waterparks we were sold. We spent 2 miserable, moldy nights at the Days Inn and wished we would have gone here instead.

The pool was wonderful, perfect temperature. This motel has quiet time and keeps tabs to make sure all guests enjoy their stay. The room was a bit outdated but still very clean. Brand new air conditioner, worked well. TV was also big with a great picture. You can pick up wi-fi signals from a few places around there. There were snacks & coffee in the lobby at all hours. They had our room ready less than 15 min after we walked in to check the rates - WOW! It was 11:30 in the morning. You don't get that kind of service at large chain hotels. At least we never did! The others would make you wait, but not here.

I felt so welcome, especially after she said we were staying with family. The beds were a bit on the firm side, but much better than some motels I've stayed at. It would fit a family of 4 comfortably, or for a getaway weekend. I would definitely return. It was nice not being just a number at some large waterpark. They take security precautions just like everyone else, only you don't have a keycard you have to worry about. If you don't mind doing without the waterpark or are traveling to one, this place will be fine for you & your family. Best yet, you can walk to EVERYTHING in the downtown river district, so no worries!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Lombard, Illinois
Reviewed June 7, 2010

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Fitzgeralds hotel over a recent summer weekend. The hotel is right on Broadway next to a bunch of the Dells attractions, bars and restaurants. This is a nice, well kept hotel with everything you need but not all the fluff we didn't want to pay for. The staff was great and very friendly. I would stay here again and plan too!

Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 3, 2010

I spent two nights at Fitzgerald's Motel last week. This place is unique and charming, beautifully maintained, and managed with devotion. The room was very clean. The people in the office were very nice, especially Margaret. It's everything a motel should be and as wonderful as I remember form the 1980's when my family stayed here! The parking was full. Values that should always matter, HONESTY. Traits that build long term relationships. Traits that send out signals that people can trust them, and that it is safe to do business with them.
Drew & Jane, IL