“Total disappointment”

34 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Total disappointment”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I had been driving by this attraction for several years now during our annual trip to the Dells. I thought it looked really cool but couldn't really grasp what it was about. I finally broke down and took my two teenage girls. Now, outside, it really is interesting looking. You pay outside in an upside down room and then head in with the rest of the people in your group. Now, I've been through it and I still don't get it. There was a lot of noise and dark rooms and "tunnels". We were supposed to be figuring out what caused the whitehouse to be upside down. At the end, they showed dinosaurs were what was making the noise. Now, they never told us what dinosaurs and an upside down Whitehouse had to do with each other.
All in all, this was an attraction for boys about 7-10 years old...all others, don't waste your time or money. It was ridiculous and silly and uninteresting.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank amyjg

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Golem is awesome, but the only thing worth seeing”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Pretty boring inside, lots of tripping hazards, and oh, I accidentally smacked the tour guide in the face when she forced us to walk down a hallway in the dark, and told us to 'touch the wall'! (Her fault she doubled back :P )

In any case, as a Canadian, the whole American history part got a bit lost on us, and the rooms are pretty empty, with a few predictable special effects.

The only awesome thing was the AMAZING ANIMATED GOLEM, which made us smile, and confused the barely-speaks-english tour guide even more!

Ie, probably dont waste your money, though the golem will be sad if you do. :(

Visited September 2012
2 Thank lookintomyeyes83
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Waste of money.”
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Well the upside own white house is an eye catcher. Please just take a picture outside.There is nothing good inside its so lame. The tour guys were trying to make us laught but it wasnt funny. They tried scaring us and no not scary. Nothing to look at DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY.

2 Thank Banylujan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Save your money”
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Waste of time and money. Just take a picture outside. Not much to see inside. I dont understand how they can still be open.

1 Thank cindy56742
Cumberland, Wisconsin
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“It's a "fun house". My 10-yr-old loved it.”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

It's a fun house. I spent $22 for an adult and a child for a half hour tour. It should be cheaper. There's a reason they don't tell you what is inside & therefore top secret. Our tour guide did give a pretty funny delivery. We were told it wasn't scary, but there were two children in our group who were crying in fright by the end. I didn't hear anyone in our group complain afterward, and in fact, it was made more amusing for the rest of us, and the guide, by two women who thought it was absolutely hysterical. And my 10-yr-old son loved it. He thought it was fabulous and worth every penny (my pennies). You may want to send the kids in while you wait outside.

1 Thank Happy2Camp2012