“Crazy owner” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #68 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
madison,wi
“Crazy owner”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

This guy appears to be nice at first but he's crazy and unstable gets extremely drunk everyday and harrasses his guests, heater broke, refrigerator broke and guy comes n your room unannounced calls it a roomcheck plays music extremely loud as he sits n his car

• Stayed December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
8 Thank stacyb09

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
CARPENTERSVILLE
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

I drove from Fort hood tx army base to meet with my family at Wisconsin dells for a family get together all the hotels were sold out or to expensive .. I found this Motel & the owner was very friendly & nice & gave me a great military discount . The rooms we're very clean & had very great service . & gave us free tickets to other water parks .. I had a wonderful family vacation .. Thank you for everything ..

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank CARMEN M

Travelers are raving about these Wisconsin Dells hotels

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

I have a pretty simple criteria for judging the places I stay; Is it clean, is it comfortable, is it quiet, and were there any bugs? Given my criteria, I had expected to say that this hotel did not meet all of my criteria - however, I was happily surprised to find that this hotel met all of my criteria with flying colors!

I am driving cross-country, and needed a place to rest. Upon check-in, I found the lobby to be clean and the owner of hotel quite pleasent and respectful. The room was a good size, clean, and the bed was comfortable (though a little on the hard side). The bathroom and shower were fine, with good water pressure to take a hot shower.

In the morning, I had quite an enjoyable chat with the owner over coffee and breakfast.

I was quite impressed and felt at home. If passing through in the future, this will be my first choice in a place to stay for the night.

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank VagabondMedic
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

We stayed here for two nights with two other families. The lodging could be compared to Super 8 motels. The rooms were clean, comfortable and convenient to local attractions. Beds were firm (which we like). You also get free daily passes to the Chula Vista waterpark. The owner was friendly, courteous and helpful with recommending local restaurants and giving us directions. The rates were pretty pricey but was typical for motels in the area during peak season. Would recommend this if you are just looking for a place to lay your head at night (and stay out all day long visiting the local attractions like we did).

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank kimbarry95
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for two nights. When we checked in the owner made us feel right at home. He explained everything to us & told us where all the attractions, grocery stores, etc. were. The room we stayed in was very clean.
I would, for sure stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank gaberam
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

We checked in on the 27th. The ad looked really good. When we got here we were very disapointed with what we saw and for what we paid not worth the money. The beds very uncomfortable no sleep. There were only 2 towels in the room no alarm clock or phone for you to use. Luckly we have an alarm on our cell phones. However the staff does seem to be friendly so far we were able to ad 2 people at last minute for alittle extra charge and they are going to be able to get the free water park passes too. The room was clean. Just very uncomfortable and too much money for what you get. We were hoping for a wonderful weekend because we don't get away much but would probally not stay here again too much money for what you get.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
2 Thank Kosst
Crandon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

I actually waited a few weeks to write this review so I had time to calm down. I will be as objective as I can. I booked our room through Booking.com. It was a situation where you had to pay for the hotel the day you booked it to get that rate and I booked it several weeks before our visit to the Dells using a debit card. On the day we arrived, it was about 80 degrees out. We got to the hotel at approximately 5:00. My husband went in to check us in while the rest of the family waited in the car. When he came out he said, "Well, it just cost us $24 more." When I asked why he said, "The guy said that when the debit went through it had not taken the tax so we owed $14 of room tax - and then he said there was an additional $10 fee for a second kid." I do remember something about the original price only covering 1 child (why I don't know), but okay. So he paid the $24 and got our key. We were in room #4 - literally a few doors down from the office. When I get to a hotel I like to unpack and "put things away," so I emptied the suitcase - put clothes in the dressers, unpacked the toiletries in the bathroom, set up my computer, etc. While I am doing this, I notice that there is only a top sheet and light bedspread on the beds - as well as only 2 bath towels and 1 washcloth. I ask my husband to go get 2 blankets and a few more towels while I am getting settled. All of a sudden, my husband comes back from the office and says, "We're leaving!" I immediately start throwing things in the suitcase while asking what the heck happened. He said the owner refused to give us any more towels or blankets. I was dumbfounded. "What do you mean, he refused?" "He flat out looked me in the eye and said, "no!" By this time the owner was headed to our room and was standing in our doorway while I am re-packing. He did have 2 bath towels with him and he set them on the bed. He was screaming at me that I did not need 2 blankets as it was 80 degrees out. I said, "yes, it is - NOW - but it's going to get colder overnight." He said, "But you are running the air conditioning!" I said, "Yes, I am. My family likes it cool in the room for sleeping, but I get cold so I would like extra blankets." "He looked at me and said, "No!" I have never had anyone do that before. We were just surprised and angry. If I need blankets to make myself comfortable, isn't that part of the hotel service? As I am packing up, my husband is asking for our money back as we are going to leave - and of course, Mr Owner guy refuses - He called the police. So, we decided to wait - if we just leave will there be an APB out for us? So - we wait. The police come. One officer talks to the owner and one talks to us and they compare notes. Basically they tell us there is nothing they can do - they cannot order Mr Owner guy to return our money - we will have to sue him in small claims. We ended up driving across the street to the Travelodge and had an uneventful stay - and I did get my 2 blankets there - and yes, I used them. I feel this whole experience left us no recourse. I could not cancel my credit card or dispute it as I had paid with a debit card - never do that again. I am still upset about this incident and the feeling that we have been cheated. Hotels should (and do) offer blankets, towels, toiletries, etc. I could not believe he expected 4 people to get by on 1 washcloth and 2 bath towels. Like I said, he did finally bring 2 more bath towels but that was a bone of contention, too. And the fact that I could not have any blankets pretty much meant I was going to have to sleep with all of the clothes I had with me - ON - overnight - so I wouldn't be cold. That still astonishes me.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family