“we actually planned a trip just to come here”

Paint It! Pottery Shop
Ranked #5 of 17 Shopping in Wisconsin Dells
More attraction details
Owner description: At Paint It! Pottery Shop you can create one-of-a-kind gifts and keepsakes. Just select your pottery, choose your paint colors, and create your masterpiece. Great customer service, unbeatable value and selection, including: more than 400 pottery pieces, over 70 paint colors, a private party room, daily specials, and extensive design center. They fire your artwork in a kiln and have it ready for pick-up or shipping in 1-3 days-guaranteed.
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I know, there is a paint-your-own pottery place three miles away from me, but we love this place so much we'll drive the almost two hours to come here. We love Debbie!! She's so artistic and helpful. She has great ideas and makes the whole experience so much fun. The first time we came here, we picked up our pieces the next day and were so impressed with how they looked that we painted again right then and there! It's a great bonding time with my teenage daughter..we have a blast! We're already planning another trip to do it again.

1  Thank triplover0314
in 2 reviews
"workers"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed October 23, 2012

My 12 and 10 year old had the BEST time picking out and painting their own piece the way that they wanted too!!! Clear instruction since this was our first time but it was SO much fun :)

1  Thank TERESA K
Reviewed August 31, 2012

This is a great place to make a soviner yourself.Be perpared to stay awhile..it depends on what you pick to paint.They have different deals every day.Call to see what's going on so you can pick the day you want to come in.Always have a good time and the staff is friendly.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

I would never had thought about doing something like paint our own pottery. We only found out about this place thru reviews here on TripAdvisor. My wife and I took our 8 & 10 year old daughters here for a relaxing but fun time. My girls each picked out their own pottery to paint. I picked out one for myself as well. The workers explained everything to us and gave us tips on how to select paint. They showed us where all the supplies could be found as well.

It was quiet in there with some nice background music playing. They came around often to change out our paint brush water and ask if we needed anything. It took about two hours for my girls to finish their "master pieces". The prices were reasonable as well. It was around $8 per adult and $6 per kid for "studio fee" which included the paint and art supplies. Then you also pay for the actual pottery piece as well. Prices for the actual pottery were from under a $1 for small items and up. My girls each got a $15-$16 piece and mine was $18 for a lizard. Most average items were in the $15-$20 range.

After your done painting, they put on the glaze and kiln bake it overnight. Then you pick up your items the following day after 12:00 pm. (if you were done before 3 pm the previous day. If done after 3:00 pm they bake it the following day and you pick up the next day afternoon.)

In the end, we all liked this place and had fun. My girls now have a great souvenir that they made themselves and we're able to do something they normally wouldn't.

1  Thank Justluck
See more reviews
Reviewed August 19, 2012

From the second my family walked in the door, we were treated like true guests of the store. Their staff is wonderful in every way and explains each and every portion of the pottery painting process. The paintable items were in large supply and variety and the whole family enjoyed painting them. The staff continually makes sure that you are enjoying your experience and they will help you with any question you may have so your item will turn out exactly as you want it to. Make sure to get there and paint your item prior to 3pm, so that way you can pick it up after noon the following day.

1  Thank Mark C