“The best decision we could have made to stay here!!!”

Edge-O-Dells Resort
Chicago, Illinois
“The best decision we could have made to stay here!!!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

my husband and I were seeking a place after last minute deciding to stay at the dells for an extra night. We landed by pure coincidence at this place that accepted my dog but no children. hahaha I loved it!!! we got to enjoy everything this place has to offer on one single night. The pool was empty not many people around 6 o'clock and it was perfect!!! The cabin was SPOTLESS & IMPECCABLE. Practically NEW. THe owners and receptionist Jasmine were sooo sweet!!!! & provided excellent customer service. We have found our home away from home up here in the dells!!! We will never again stay any where else. Staying any where else seems like it would be a down grade. Not sure there is anything better.
Thanks jasmine. Dany and Krystal =)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dany F

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Davenport, Iowa, United States
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

There is one simple way to say this....

Edge O' Dells is awesome.

This was our group's second time staying here and it was great once again.

Pros:

Cabins are very cool and clean.

Bathroom/showerhouse is very clean.

Food in the resort bar/restaurant is amazing. I was with one of my friends who pretty much complains about at least one thing at every restaurant, and even he loved everything. You won't find a better chicken wing anywhere. Guaranteed.

The staff goes out of their way to make you feel welcome and make sure everyone is having a good time. The owner remembered us from last year and treated us as if we had known her for 20 years.

You can party here or relax here. There is a pool bar, a restaurant bar, and a club across the street. On the nights we wanted to party, we did. On the nights we wanted to sit in our "yard" and turn on some tunes and kick back, we did and it was very relaxing. I suppose this could vary a little depending on who is around you, but we quickly made friends with our weekend neighbors, and everything was gravy.

You are minutes from everything the Dells has to offer, and cabs will come and get you for 5 bucks a person. Even on Saturday night, they were there to get us in 10 minutes.

The price. We had 7 guys this year, had a cabin and an RV spot for 3 nights, and it was cheaper than a hotel with more to offer.

With our stay, we got discounted admission to Noah's Ark and Mt. Olympus.

Cons:

I am not still sitting outside my cabin enjoying a refreshing drink, but rather back to my life of working and paying bills.

Thanks again, Sunny and everyone else who works hard to make Edge O'Dells a great place to be!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Landon R
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

100% would recommend. Rented a cabin for 2 nights for bachelor party and we all had a blast the entire time! Clean site, restaurant had great food, the staff was super fun and accommodating. And the venue across the street was even better. Some of these reviews say its pricey but in my opinion it was very affordable, even after buying 23 shots. I guess it just depends your view of "pricey"

Lodi, Wisconsin
Reviewed June 4, 2013

I went for a bachelor party weekend and was blown away by the awsome service, the cabins, and overall experience. The cabins are totally worth the money, if u have a larger group and want to sleep in a nice bed. The grounds were gorgeous and well maintained. The bar had awsome food, drinks and atmosphere. Fish fry was good, breakfast buffet was fresh with a bloody mary bar. Overall great experience would go again.

1 Thank rhinojahn
Reedsburg, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Now, we are not opposed to kids - we have them and love 'em. But sometimes - we want to "be" the kids and just enjoy ourselves and interact with other adults. And if you want to combine a great tent, RV or cabin week-end (or week) with a great bar and great food - then head to Edge O' Dells. We have been there numerous times and each time Tim and Sunny (the owners) have done something else to improve, spruce up, add, enhance and otherwise make you feel like they care about you and the facility.
Regardless of how you "camp" there is a place for you with all the hook ups you need (or none), pavement or grass, sun or shade, roof over you head or bring your own. There is a nice pool during the summer and a great little store to help you with your necessities. The showers are clean - just like the entire facility. It is a joy to camp where folks take pride in what they do.
Yes, there is a "gentlemen's club" across the street and of course that means you are going to have an unusually high number of men in celebration mode. But, my wife and I have never found that to be a problem, issue or concern. The only negative we can think of is the price to stay per night. It is fair and probably the best value around - it's just that a lower nighly rate would allow us to saty more often!!!
Didn;t intend to sound like an advertisement - but I recommend this place to all my friends and no one has ever had anything but positive comments to share after they went.

Room Tip: Just let them know what is important to you (seclusion, near the pool, shade, etc) and they will get...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Forty2gether
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 16, 2012

About 3 weeks ago we rented 2 campsites from Friday thru Sunday, they were huge! And bathrooms were outstandingly clean (Guys and Girls)! Probably has something to do with it being an adults only campground so no kids making a mess of the bathrooms/showers.
Their bar/restaurant was great! I would absolutely recommend eating outside on the deck that overlooks the pool! Food was a little pricey (about a buck or 2 more per meal than I would've expected) but worth it to eat there!

On Friday night in the big bar area they had a DJ with karaoke and it was a blast! Tons of people in there all jamming out to good music. There was even a girl laying on the bar getting body shots taken off her (a little tacky for her to do, in my opinion) but good fun and a great time! Quite a mix of ages of the people in the bar Friday night - majority were around 21-30 roughly. We spent the whole night in the bar! Drinks reasonably priced also! And special that night was pitchers of captain & coke - which we didn't realize til we left!...

Saturday night there was an older band playing in the bar but they weren't as good and quite a small crowd of people. We spent the night at our campsite fire after dinner in the outdoor restaurant.
Quite a big pool and hot tub, although we heard it was pretty packed with the nice weather we had that Saturday. They also have I think 2 big sand volleyball courts behind the pool that looked really cool (didn't have a chance or the time to play although would've liked to).

Went there on a motorcycle trip with my boyfriend, and 2 other couples and it was a blast! The only thing I would change is that we would skip the water park next time (Mt Olympus was packed and lines were long...) and hang out at the campsite and maybe around town.

In their main office area they sell beer and liquor which is very very comparably priced with gas stations/grocery stores. Plus if you buy a 24pk of beer, they throw in the ice for free!!
(This was great for us with limited space on motorcycles, especially with girls who typically like to pack too much but had to condense to fit in saddle bags............another story...)

Overall I give them a great score for a great weekend! Next time we may try one of the cabins (no running water but air conditioning and actual beds - big plus in my book)!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Amanda_B0223
Annandale, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We camped here this past weekend. Camping rates were GREAT! Our site had plenty of room for relaxing and playing some bean bags (we had a deluxe site, premium are even bigger I guess). Bathrooms/showers were IMMACULATE. One of the cleanest campgrounds I've ever stayed at. The pool has a lot of places to sit and relax, and it was a lot of fun watching tequila volleyball (the DJ was hilarious). We had a great time - definitely will come back again!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends