One of the worst stays I have ever had! We stayed here shortly after our wedding in the Jungle Suite. We arrived around 8pm and very quickly had problems. The hot tub controls came with no instructions and was not user friendly. After using the hot tub, the room was very humid and hot. So I tried to turn on the AC, which didn't work for the first 2 1/2 hours. I tried calling the front desk but found that after 830pm or so you have to call a call center in which they contact the manager on duty for you. Then its up to the manager on duty whether he wants to call you back or not. In order to contact anyone, you have to call a 1-800 number and simply pressing "0" on the hotel phone does not work. After telling the manager the problem, I was then told that all the rooms in each building are connected to a central AC unit. If just one room turns the temp below 68 degrees, the main AC unit freezes up and it takes awhile for it to unthaw. So the manager gave us advice to simply open the patio door and there was nothing else he could do. Also we never did figure out how to use the room phone, which was the most user unfriendly phone I have ever seen, so we used our cells. It also took us 20 minutes to figure out how to turn on the computer in the room. The main unit is bolted underneath a desk and trying to find the power button (which is flush with the surface) took forever. The computer was slow as a snail (especially the internet) with outdated software (like flash and Explorer). You might as well just throw it in the trash. We also found that the selection of good restaurants in the area were limited and most were way over priced. We ate dinner at Houlihan's where the food was mediocre and over priced. The only good thing was that the beach front was beautiful and that theme suites are pretty cool decorative wise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Delton Grand Resort & Spa is a luxury condominium resort located on the shores of beautiful Lake Delton in Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin. Just a few blocks from all attractions, the resort features 1, 2, 3 and 4 bedroom luxury condominiums from 900 to 3700 square feet. Each villa is professionally decorated and furnished. Spacious lakefront and courtyard villas have features like private decks and/or patios, underground parking or attached two car garages, full chef-quality kitchens, tile baths with walk-in body massage showers - lakefront villas have spectacular views of Lake Delton. Amenities include indoor and outdoor heated pools, whirlpool, sauna, beaches, piers, boat slips, outdoor grills, firepits and more. A full-menu spa is located in the lakefront building. Professionally managed and impeccably maintained, the resort enjoys top ranking at Trip Advisor. From Memorial Day to Labor Day guests receive free passes to Noah's Ark Waterpark (just 3 blocks) for every day of your stay! Stay and Ski discounts available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Delton Grand Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rhapsody Resort On Lake Delton Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Rhapsody On Lake Delton Hotel