Delton Grand Resort & Spa
Hilton Garden Inn Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$154
$149
GardenInn.com
Holiday Inn Express Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$153
HIExpress.com
Best Western Ambassador Inn & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$148
$140
AmericInn by Wyndham Wisconsin Dells(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$170
$153
Alakai Hotel and Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$109
Grand Marquis Waterpark Hotel & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$166
Black Hawk Motel & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$149
$145
Travelocity
All Star Inn & Suites(Wisconsin Dells)(Great Value!)
$109
$106
Great Wolf Lodge(Wisconsin Dells)
$270
Cedar Lodge & Settlement(Wisconsin Dells)
$255
All reviewslake deltonthe penthousethemed suitecar garagebedroom lakefrontunderground parkingtriple playattached garagethe property managermaster bathroomgirls weekendgreat view of the lakewalk in showerprivate beachromantic getawaythree bedroomhome away from home
Reviewed April 14, 2013

This was our first stay at the Delton, for a girls weekend with college friends. We stayed 2 nights and were pleasantly surprised by the amazing accommodations. The 3-bedroom condo was spacious, very clean and had an amazing master bathroom. Our room was right on the water, with a beautiful patio. It would have only been better if the weather cooperated! We took advantage of the spa, for some much needed relaxation. Had an amazing massage by Laurel, highly recommend her! The staff went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable, and thanks to the manager Rich, who ironed out any issues we had. Overall, it is an excellent value and a hidden jem in the Dells. We certainly hope to make it back soon.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Kim K
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We stayed at the Delton Grand for 2 nights. we had 3 bedroom condo, and were extremely happy with the accomodations. Check-in was quick and easy. Underground parking was available for 2 vehicles. As we entered the condo, we were highly impressed with beautiful view, brand new furnishings (including kitchen, bedrooms, carpet, bathrooms etc). We had 5 of us travel to this condo for a relaxing weekend to catch up with each other. The Delton Grand was exactly what we were looking for, and was great price. We visited the Rhapsody Spa, which was fabulous. Our condo had 2nd floor view of Lake Delton. Would love to go back in summer, when we could enjoy the balcony, beach, pool etc. I would highly recommend this resort. Rich was helpful and available to call with any concerns or questions.

Room Tip: 2nd floor condo has fabulous view of lake. We stayed in 310, close to lake and spa.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank skcraig4
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed 3 nights at the Delton, our 2nd time staying at the beautiful Delton Resort and we had a 3 bedroom have stayed at some very nice places. :spaciousness, clean, up to date, great view, comfortable, and what more can I said but we can't wait to go back and stay longer. Thanks to the staff, especially Rich the manager, Rich you are the BEST, thanks again for all of your help in making our spring break the best. We will be back very soon. SUGGESTION all traavelers ask for condo units off the delton river

Room Tip: all condo unit..great
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank A L
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed in a two-bedroom condo for two nights . The person greeting us was helpful, but not very enthusiastic. The unit was extremely clean and contemporary. We had a master bedroom with a king bed that was comfortable and an amazing spa-like shower, with a room on the other side that had a queen bed and bathroom. We wanted some privacy because we were traveling with teens, and this was the perfect set-up. The complex also offered special discounted tickets to the Kalahari Resort and a magic show so it gave us something additional to do given the cold weather outside. The unit also had a full kitchen with nice appliances. We were hoping to cook some meals in the condo, but the pots, pans, dishes and silverware were horrible(cracked dishes and mugs, rusty pans, odds and ends silverware). Disappointing given how nice everything else was maintained. Not sure why they would skimp in that regard Perhaps other condos are better stocked. I would have given the place a '5' had it not been for that. Also, the place does not have gym, at least not one we could find.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank chicagomember
Reviewed April 7, 2013

As our stay at the Delton Grand Resort and Spa neared, my wife and I looked forward to our first romantic weekend getaway together since we became parents. What we found instead was a stripper pole that we didn't ask for, a very poorly maintained room, and management that was not appropriately responsive to our very legitimate concerns.

Let's go back to when I first made the reservation. On August 11, I had a telephone conversation with the resort office during which I requested the Italian Renaissance theme room. I was very specific about my request for the Italian renaissance room, because my wife and I thought to recapture a little bit of the romance and magic from our honeymoon in Florence.

"So we are all set with the Italian Renaissance room?" I asked.
"You should be, yes," said the resort office.
"Is there anything else I need to do to confirm that the Italian Renaissance room is the one we're getting?" I asked.
"No."

When we got to our room, we were very surprised to find a stripper pole in our room. We were not in the Renaissance room, but in the "Vegas VIP Lounge."

Listen: I get that this room could be fun, under some circumstances. I could see why a couple might want a room with zebra-print carpet, a window from the living room looking into the group shower, and a full-size stripper pole, greased up and ready to go. But this was not supposed to be that kind of stay.

I called the front desk and explained our situation. We were given two options:

(1) They could move us from an intimate theme suite to a gigantic, unintimate 3-room condo that basically looked like my parents' house; or

(2) They generously offered to give us a full refund and let us take our chances finding other accommodations in Wisconsin Dells at 5 pm on an August Friday.

We preferred to sleep indoors, and in a place that did not look like a boring suburban home, so we grudgingly decide to make a go of it in our Vegas-themed suite and not let it ruin our weekend.

Again: I'm not a prude. I understand the appeal of having a long metal pole in front of your bed. I can imagine many reasons why you might want one, even if you are not a stripper, the significant other of a stripper, or a fireman. But, theme issues aside, there were other very basic issues with the room:

* Eight light bulbs had burned out;
* The remote control to the television did not work; and
* The hanging vertical blinds were missing a panel, right next to the stripper pole! In other words, any person who happened to use the sidewalk right outside our window (yes, there is a sidewalk there) could easily see whatever is happening at our stripper pole.

When you are in a room that looks nice on the surface but has these small issues, you have to ask yourself what other issues might exist. How often do they clean the stripper's pole? What other surfaces in here might seem opaque but can actually be seen through? What happened in this jacuzzi, exactly, that makes it drain so slowly?

We called the front desk again to request that these issues be repaired. They said they'd take care of it by 7:00 pm. They didn't fix it until the next afternoon, and even then, they only replaced about half of the bulbs.

We were determined to have a good time. On Saturday morning we showed up at the spa for the couples massage we had scheduled. There, after a fifteen-minute wait, we were told that they had accidentally scheduled another couple for that time slot, and that would have to reschedule. I began to suspect that even though they frequently used the word "reservation," they did not really know what it meant.

After several more phone calls with the manager, Rich Kowalec, he finally agreed to send us a gift certificate entitling us to one complimentary stay at the Italian Renaissance Suite. We accepted his offer. He said we could expect it in the mail within the week. The week came and went. Only after two more follow-up phone calls to the resort did we finally receive our gift certificate.

That placated us for a little while.

Let's fast-forward several months. It is now April 2013, and the snow has finally melted away. Our thoughts turned to spring, and to finding a way to celebrate our wedding anniversary. How about using our gift certificate? At first the front desk person was pleased to tell us that the Renaissance suite would be available. As a courtesy, I let her know that we would be using a gift certificate that we had received from Rich. Suddenly her manager was on the phone, telling us that the suite was not available to us.

"Wait, I'm confused," I said. "I was just told it was available. What happened?"

"Well, your gift certificate says 'subject to availability,'" she said.

"I was just told that it isn't booked. That means it's available, doesn't it?"

"Well, technically nobody has booked it yet," she said. "But that's our high season, so we need to check first to see how close we are to actually booking that room."

So, at the Delton Grand, "subject to availability" does not mean that the room has to be, you know, available. It means that they're willing to give us the room, but only if they aren't able to book somebody else first. My mistake.

Current status: I have been told that the manager will be giving me a call tomorrow morning. I have my doubts. No matter what happens for here, my wife and I are not entirely sure that we would want to stay at a place that has given us such a bad experience. We'd rather just write a detailed review instead.

We would love to give the Delton Grand zero stars, but apparently that sort of technology doesn't exist yet.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple