“Nice place off the beaten path of the Dells.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Delton Grand Resort & Spa

Delton Grand Resort & Spa
Chicago, Illinois
“Nice place off the beaten path of the Dells.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

My family and I stayed in a one bedroom condo with a pull out queen. The unit was extremely clean, new and modern. Cool spa like shower was a nice surprise. Beautiful lake view as well. This would be a great place to return to in the summer. We wanted to stay somewhere quiet and comfortable when visiting a water park. We took advantage of the spring break package which included tickets to Kalahari. One thing to keep in mind is that during peak tines like spring break that places like Kalahari that sell to those not staying at their resort limit the day passes they sell. I was a little disappointed when we checked in that the passes were sold out for the day. Not Delton's fault but I had specifically asked if that could happen when I made my reservation. We made it work by going to Devil's Head skiing and went to the water park the next day (I made sure I picked up my tickers from the office very early the next am. They were nice to call me at the main Delton office when ready).
If we ever come back to the Dells we would definitely come back. Would love to use the spa. Would be nice if they had a gym.

3 Thank Patrice P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We recently stayed here for the night. My only wish is it was longer than just one night. We stayed in a one bedroom condo and it was wonderful. Super clean and well kept. It had a beautiful view of the lake. So peaceful and relaxing. We also got discounted tickets for the Kalahari which was not far from this resort at all. We had the indoor pool and hot tub to ourselves for a couple of hours which was great. The pool is not that large but good enough for unwinding. Our only complaint was the pull out couch sleeper. It was extremely uncomfortable but luckily we read reviews and brought along our blow up mattress so the kids slept on that. The staff was very helpful and friendly. We will be back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank FamilyFirst_12
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

My husband and I wanted a getaway for his birthday. We stayed in the spa room overlooking Lake Delton. It was quiet, clean and a perfect time together. We also wanted to enjoy the Kalahari water park, so were furnished with a day pass by the Delton Grand. We love the water park, but enjoyed the solitude we found back at the Delton Grand. Not having any young children running up and down the halls was great. Would recommend this place and would stay again. Oh, my only complaint. There are no phones in the room, while we have cell phones, I am still a little uneasy about not having access to a phone line in case of an emergency. Overall, great place, great time, great memories. Would love to come back and enjoy when the ice was off the lake. We wished we had brought our skis to enjoy the lake. Next time!!!

Room Tip: Overlooking the water!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rosemary2342
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Our family takes a trip with our kids every year to The Dells. I am not one for staying at hotels (I'm a germ phob) and stress about having to go to the room. I stumbled upon the Lake Delton website looking for condos to stay at and SO happy I found it!!! Our room was beautiful, clean, on the lake with a great view, and it was "just like home." I was comfortable and it felt like a home, not a hotel. Our family will never stay anywhere else! When I called for rates and availability, the person I talked to was extremely helpful and the rates and water park tickets were priced great too!!!

Thanks to the Grand Delton, our family trip was AWESOME!!!!!

2 Thank LFamily33
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed here this past weekend and really really enjoyed our time. Starting off with the initial phone call we felt like the service was excellent. When we got there, they knew our names already, and then the next day at the spa it was the same great personal interest and service. We got to stay in the morrocan suite and loved the room. The view of the snow covered lake was beautiful from right outside the glass doors. I would highly recommend this resort if you are looking for a romantic getaway. It was right down the road from a fantastic restaurant, The House of Embers, where we each had an amazing dinner. I can only imagine the scenery and views in the summer time. Needless to say, we will wind up spending another weekend here in the future!

4 Thank tylerftw16
Prairie du Sac, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

My husband and I planned a stay at the Delton Grand Resort and Spa for a mid week getaway this winter. The room we stayed in(The Renaissance) was beautiful, inviting and very relaxing. The resort is located on Lake Delton and the view from our room was breathtaking. It was a great place to get away and spend some downtime alone to relax. We topped our trip off with massages in the Spa...they were the BEST..i highly recommend it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ty S
Klamath Falls, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Nothing short of AMAZING!!! Vacationing with the comforts of home, would definitely travel 2000 miles again for another stay like that. Beautiful quarters, relaxing atmosphere & privacy to boot, not to mention the staff was very helpful, pleasant & full of "where to go" & "what to do" information. It was a great experience for my first vacation & will be hard to beat!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends