“It used to be a great place to go”

Mt. Olympus Water & Theme Park
More attraction details
Owner description: Located on 250 acres in Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin’s Largest Water & Theme Park. Four parks in one!• Zeus Playground. 5 Outdoor roller coaster adventures, featuring Hades. With the world’s longest underground tunnel, it will plunge you into a mythic underworld. 7 go-kart tracks will twist and turn through underwater tunnels • Neptune’s Water Kingdom. Outdoor water slides and rides of all shapes, sizes and speeds. Face the awesome Poseidon’s Rage with over 9 feet waves! Refresh in the interactive pools for the younger crowd and relax in the Endless River • New in 2016, a 4 Million dollar Water Park expansion, Great Pool of Delphi • The Parthenon. The Dells first indoor theme park. Open all year, a cornucopia of games, and rides for all ages. A Huge arcade with coasters, bumper cars, teacups and more!• Medusa’s Indoor Water Park. Beware of Medusa’s watery indoor lair. Plunge down a 10-story water slide, enjoy the world’s fastest lazy river The Mayan or relax in the Jaguar Hot Tub.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Stairs / elevator, Lockers / storage
Reviewed September 2, 2013

It has been a few years since my family had gone to Mount Oympus. I had explained and expected some changes and there were.
1) First off they started gouging you for $10 to park. (it used to be free)
2) The only change I saw in 5 years was they made the Hades Roller Coaster a rougher ride yet by putting a cheap 360 degree loop in it.
3) We had a snack for lunch which really consisted of a couple of chicken strips.4 bottles of pop and 2 orders of French fries for $54. Usually when someone robs me they hold a gun to my head!!!!.
4) Forget trying to get a chair by the water they let everybody put towels on them all day.
5) They used to be very strict on the go carts no bumping or recklessness. I saw at least one person get hurt. We will never go back again. Oh by the way did I tell you it is about a 3 block walk uphill to get out of the park

2  Thank plasticman1234
Write a ReviewReviews (2,839)
All reviews
in 43 reviews
"blast"
in 155 reviews

Reviewed September 2, 2013

It was expensive. My hat goes off to the engineers. This park was really thought out . To all the tight wads . You play you pay. I knew going in to the Dells i was going to spend some money. We had a blast. I never had so much fun. I am 49 years old and my 2 kids are 9 and 7 . We all went on the coasters and my 7 year old daughter loved it. There are some rude people but you have to expect trailer trash every where. Most of the people were decent family's. The wave pool rocks. We went to a high end restaurant twice and had 2 150 dollar meals . Fillets were awesome. We bought a pop up camper , The biggest one you can get , used. We love it . $40 dollars a night beats 300. We can now afford to go every week end . No more bed bugs and expensive stays in hotels . Hotels are a rip off. Stand rock camp ground is super clean and you will not get out of line there after 10. Again thanks a lot Mount Olympus for the great time. We will be back next year. And we plan on going a least 10 or 15 times.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

the park was fun only has wooden roller coasters which are fun but VERY ROUGH to ride so if you are a large person, have back or neck problems or just like to wine about everything don't ride them!
Hades 360 is a rush and one He!! of a ride (pardon the pun).
the water park is fun as well but remember it is just slides and wave pools, no water coasters.
i only have a few negative things to say and this is my biggest one there seams to be a lot of disfunction with how to and line up for rides.
what i mean is if you have ever been to 6 flags, valley fair, or even disney. their lines for rides and instruction are crystal clear and their staff are able to answer question for you.
their lines for rides here aren't very well organized if they have one at all and you might get lucky to a answer to your question you might have. without being told i don't know.
they also lack signs giving you instruction on the the do's and don't for each ride or attraction. ( i think they must cost too much in the dells because every place was the same for this)

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We did not stay at Mt. Olympus, but had access to the water park through a package we purchased at our resort. Of the various parks we visited during our trip to the Dells, this was our favorite place.

The wave pool at Poseidon's Rage was great, with 9 foot waves crashing down every 2 minutes. The roller coaster rides were good for kids at various age levels, and both of my kids really enjoyed Zeus and Cyclops. We went on a Monday so the lines were not too long. In fact, we had no wait for the newest ride Hades 360 when we went to go on it towards the end of the day

The lockers were a good value, as they were significantly cheaper than at any of the other parks we visited.

We had a great visit and will be going back next year

See more reviews
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We are a family who has gone to the Dells for over 30 years, this stay was the worst at Mt Olympus and have been there before. We asked to stay in a queen with bunks, the main area hotel was booked so she said there are some rooms in an area down the road not to far within walking distance. Sounded good, well the greedy owner bought up a bunch of smaller hotels a long the strip and the far ones are the old Copa Cabana the one with the walk bridge by Tommy Bartlet, this is not walking distance and of course the one we got stuck with. So we get the page our room is ready in building 23. The hall was crowded with staff cleaning (this is 4:00pm) the first thing you notice is the Nasty blue and white building and the carpet when you walk in is gross. The rooms are badly decorated not anything like the rooms at the main building not even close. The buildings they bought are very old and the owner cut many costs. The sliding doors on the patio did not open because the door was so old and warped, the deck had the pealing nasty blue paint on it.
The staff was clearly unhappy and when I heard the way the head of cleaning was talking to them I could understand why. The buildings he painted this cheep blue and white are all along the strip really wreaking that whole area, Shame on the city for letting him do this and Shame on the Greedy obviously egotistic owner.
Will never stay there again!

4  Thank Sheila B