I was expecting less than a decent stay because of all the reviews I had read prior to leaving for our week long vacation at this resort. I had even called the week before our stay to make sure that they had their bed bug infestation resolved or that our units were not affected at all. They assured us that it was not an issue at all in our unit and that ours was updated and clean. We stayed in the community Oak and unit #4.
When we arrived with our family of 4 we were pleasantly surprised. The unit was a great size, updated and the decor was classy. It was clean and had all the essentials for our week long stay. A fully stocked kitchen so we could cook meals. They provided a clean pack and play and a highchair for our 1 year old and extra bedding for our four year old. The bed was comfortable and we slept well each night. We liked not being right in the heart of the Dells and a little off the beaten path. Perfect because it was quiet and private, backing up to a wooded area. Relaxing and wonderful for my two boys to run around in a backyard, walk to and around the lake. The highlight was the area ducks that visited us daily. We also grilled a couple nights as there is a grill right out the back of the unit.
I have two (small) complaints though. The grounds, they really need to be maintained better. So many dandelions in the grassy area it made it difficult to walk through or kick a ball which my boys loved to do. Also, when we arrived our TV did not work at all. We did call maintenance and they replaced it immediately.
Oh and I have to mention also the main check in area and building. They have a kids play room, the indoor pool, tennis courts, basketball courts, a big exercise room and an arcade room. So much fun and we spent almost an entire day there when it was raining. And they have a book filled with movies to rent.
I would definitely recommend Tamarack & Mirror Lake and would likely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located midway between Chicago and Minneapolis, Wisconsin Dells is an ideal family vacation spot with a variety of entertaining activities offered year-round. In the late fall and winter, you can ski, snowmobile and ice skate. In the spring and summer, take the kids to ride the Ducks on a scenic tour or to one of the thrilling water parks. Whether you're bringing the kids on vacation, or you're just a kid at heart, the Wisconsin Dells will keep you coming back for more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Hotwire and Odigeo so you can book your Tamarack & Mirror Lake, a Festiva Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamarack & Mirror Lake, a Festiva Hotel Wisconsin Dells
- Tamarack And Mirror Lake, a Festiva Resort
- Fairfield Wisconsin Dells