“Nice and relaxing stay”

Ranked #26 of 74 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Hammond
“Nice and relaxing stay”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is a place to come and unwind, especially during the cold days. We had the whole resort to ourselves, or so it seemed. I took my kids out for walks, around the property, went sledding, played in the playground, and visited the lake and the ducks. It all looked picture perfect, with all the white snow on the ground. The way the units are set up, with the fire place and the huge windows and patio doors surrounding the living area, it made for a relaxing view, (this is true of the cornered loft units) especially since we got as much snow as you would want to have on a Christmas day. But the view made it just perfect for hot cocoa and an Uno game, around the table. The unit has everything a family needs for cooking, and basics. They provide enough dishwasher soap for the whole week, and the small dishwashing soap for manual washing was enough too, and I cooked everyday. The set up of the unit is nice and open, maybe too open for the loft bedroom, since you can hear everything that is going on downstairs. For me that was a plus, since I could keep an eye out for the kids, and even what they were watching, and so on. The bedroom downstairs had a sliding door as well to walk out to the patio, which I think made it cooler than the rest of the unit. We asked for a space heater and presto all resolved. The only reason I gave this wonderful, relaxing place a 3 is because it is showing its age, and their thick covers smelled a little old, maybe from being in the closets for a long time. I am sure I could have exchanged them easily, but you must drive to a place at certain hours to do so, and I never got around to do it. Other than that it was clean, with some oversights, such as dead flies around the sliding doors??, and some empty water bottle under the bed. They did offer to come clean it up as soon as I told them. The fun center is fun, basketball, racquetball, a play room for the little ones, a gym, and of course the pool, plenty to keep everyone busy. Felt safe. They have updated this space nicely, the pictures on their website do not show all the reno. They were just finishing the locker rooms; they looked nice. The best for last the staff is very friendly and ready to help. I give them a 5. Thank you for accommodating us nicely. I loved the place, and they do, as I was told try to update at least 10 units a year. So, little by little the units are looking more updated. All in all, well worth the visit. We had fun!! Thank you.

Room Tip: corner units have more windows. There are two types of loft units, one with both bds upstairs, one...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Chanhassen, Minnesota
Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

We booked a stay through Interval International. Every place has always been top notch. Ok, one time in Daytona Beach wasn't so hot, but this place does have plenty of room, but I feel like I am staying at my grandmother's house. It really, REALLY needs some updates. No hotel or resort that I have stayed at in the past 10 years has sported a 20" CRT television. The doors and tables are all nicked up or need to be refinished. NO HOUSEKEEPING until AFTER we check out??? The furniture is really dated. Mid to late 80's I'd say. It does smell like an old person's house though...

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank zevo67
Batavia, Illinois
Reviewed March 7, 2013

This was a great place to enjoy the weekend. The only things wrong were the heat in the place, one room would be super hot, and the next would be freezing. Not too far from downtown Dells, and skiing.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank NIUshibbyman61
Reviewed March 1, 2013

My friends and I scheduled a weekend trip at this resort via groupon for the weekend of March 1st-3rd. At around 11pm february 28th, the person who booked the trip received a phone call about pipes busting and we could not come down there at that time. Of course at that time of night, she did not receive the message until the morning we were supposed to leave. Once she called the front desk, the only thing they could give her was a refund!! No trying to put us in another hotel or offer us a free night stay for the inconvenience because by the time my friend got up and heard the message, the car was already rented from the other young lady who was going, food was purchased, and excitedment level was high because the three of us was ready to enjoy a ladies weekend!! Horrible business practice and I will never book with them again and plan on posting his experience with other local websites. We also have to pay for a car that we can not use for the day because the car wa already rented prior to hearing the call!!

Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Twinkletoes2013
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

This place lets you feel as if you are in a exclusive place, but if you forgot something, Walmart is a hop, skip and jump away. The first three nights were busy (New Years Eve) but nothing out of the ordinary for the holiday. The last 4 nights we had the place to ourselves. The only downside is laundry facilities are in a seperate building. This was not advantageous as we were skiing and sometimes had wet clothing after the day on the slopes. We are booked for August 2013 to see how this place is during the summer.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank T P
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 31, 2012

The resort was excellent. I have a family of six and everyone had plenty of room. my children loved the space and it felt like we had a vacation home. there were two fireplaces and a Jacuzzi bath up stairs. The master bedroom was very large, and the downstairs living spaces were very spacious as well. Walmart was literally right up the road to get any needed supplies. The staff was very friendly and the resort had more amenities that we could even use. Next time we will be prepared so we can take advantage of everything they have to offer. This was a great alternative to staying at a water park hotel. I will definitely be back

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank JacobB3649
Da UP of Michigan
Reviewed December 2, 2012

This is our second time we have stayed here. Check in was super fast. Our unit was in the Forest section, unit 7. The place was huge! A 2 bedroom, 2 bath unit. Jacuzzi tub in master bedroom. Very clean, and well maintained. No harassing phone calls, very quite. Checkout was also fast, and friendly. We will be back next year!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple