All reviewsactivity centertennis courtsliving roompaddle boatsracket ballrec centerindoor poolnice gas fireplacerent moviesan ideal locationnice condofull kitchensuper walmartplaying basketballjetted tubceiling fanexercise room
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Loved having a two bedroom condo. Having a tv in each bedroom along with the living room and having 3 DVD players was wonderful. We brought our own movies but you could rent them from the office. The rooms were very clean and they even supplied beach towels. Kitchen was nice and we were able to eat 1-2 meals there per day. The only problem with the room is that they allow smoking. We called ahead and they put an ionizer in the room before they got there, so the room smelled ok,but by the end of the week we could smell the stale smoke smell in the curtains, but I am very sensitive to smoke and it didn't bother me.

A friend who had stayed at the Tamarack previously told us to bring bikes for the kids because they have nice trails, but we didn't, and what a surprise that they loaned them out. They also supplied a discount card for some local deals.

We would definitely recommend the Tamarack. It was a great surprise how nice it was. Also the location was perfect. Being close to a walmart is always very helpful.
The pools were nice nothing special but we didn't need them to be because we went to Noah's Ark.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank T K
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Second time here and the summer is just awesome! Our backdoor opened to an open field and overlooked the park. For a Chicagoan to be able to open the door and see the kids play in the yard is priceless. Love the full amenity condo. Saves money on going on every meal with little ones. So much room that. Love it!

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank DoraLofgren
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Considering there are only 30 reviews here, I'm considering Tamarack to be a well-kept secret of the Dells. We rented a 2 bedroom condo for about ~150/nt. Here was our experience:

Customer Service: There was a little wait when we first checked in, but in fairness we were there at Noon and official check in was at 4pm. They were just verifying if housekeeping had gotten to our condo and finished cleaning. Other than that, I found the staff to be very helpful and the rest of the checkin and checkout processes went smoothly. There is no daily maid service, but they do have a 'linen exchange' where you can bring any towels, blankets, sheets, etc. and have them swapped out for clean ones.

The unit itself: I'd say our unit was semi-renovated. Part looked newer, parts looked older, but none of it I would consider 'run-down'. It was still well preserved. One complaint we had was that the room did have hints of having been smoked in (which drove my wife's allergies crazy), but it wasn't an overwhelming odor at all. Most importantly, EVERYTHING WORKED! Appliances were well kept and operational. Plenty of dishes, silverware, servingware, cookware, etc. Icemaker in the fridge worked as well. Hot water was VERY HOT and plentiful. That was one of the best features. :) Unit was also QUIET. Never heard any of the neighbors on either side of us. A/C worked fine as well (the place was actually FREEZING when we walked in. All in all, it wasn't the best condo I've stayed in (that would be in Orlando), but for the Dells I have to think it was 2 or 3 notches above your average hotel and - in most cases - half the price.

Location: Very nice location in that it seems far away from the hustle and bustle of the downtown areas, but it's really only minutes away from anything. Made it very easy to bring the kids back for a lunch break and then go back out afterwards. And again, very quiet.

Common Areas: Clubhouse, Pools, courts, playrooms were all in good shape. Nothing fancy with the pools (i.e. no slides), but we also had no problems with overcrowding or over-utilization. Indoor pool area has a nice 1ft depth pool for the real little ones. Locker rooms were clean. Didn't use the showers, but did see someone cleaning them while I was there. Didn't have a chance to check out the paddle boats on the lake, but those are free to guests as well.

Amenities: Pools (indoor and outdoor), hot tub, racketball, tennis, paddleboats, kids play area, videos/games for rent, discount card for many area attractions/restaurants (usually about 10% off).

All in all, we really enjoyed our stay here and I'll definitely plan on staying here again. Only caveat is that, like many other condo rentals, your experience can vary depending on how well maintained the unit you receive is. By reports though, it appears that many of them are getting rehabbed, so the chance of getting a 'lemon' should be lower. Also, we rented a 2 bedroom unit, but one of the units was actually a loft that overlooked the living room. Not a huge deal, but we had a 3mo in our room (other two kids took the second bedroom), which was the loft and had to be extra quiet after she went to bed. Just something to note.

Room Tip: You may want to make any requests for bed types (i.e. you can have a queen or two twins in the second bedroom) over the phone. I booked on hotels.com and requested the twins, but still got the queen. Also, as I noted in my review, we got a 2br unit with a loft. If that's an issue, you may want to call and clarify - I'm not sure if all 2br units have lofts, or if they can move you to another area that would have two closed bedrooms.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank quagmire0
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We stayed a week here. It was disappointing that there is no free wireless, but we were told they ate going to put it in.

The units are clean and well laid out. There is parking for two cars at each unit.

All appliances worked well.

The units themselves are a little confusing to find, but they did give us a map.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank HawaiiAloha777
Reviewed July 14, 2012

We stayed with our granddaughter in a 1 bedroom unit. The bed and sleeper sofa were so uncomfortable we both had bachaches the next day. Our feet got very dirty after walking on the floor for short time. The unit size was sufficient but the wall air conditioner in the living area was not enough because the bedroom was very hot, maintenence brought a box fan which helped some. The staff was nice and helpful but they could not fix the beds. The kitchen allowed us to cook breakfast and dinner which kept our food expenses down.
I would not recommend this resort because of the beds.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family