All reviews activity center tennis courts living room paddle boats racket ball rec center indoor pool nice gas fireplace rent movies an ideal location nice condo full kitchen super walmart playing basketball jetted tub ceiling fan exercise room
Reviewed December 22, 2011

We stayed here as an Extra Vacation with RCI. We had been in the area before and knew that there were a lot of state parks fairly close by. The lack of snow prevented us from the x-country skiing that we had hoped to do. But we did a lot of hiking instead. We were relieved that the area was very laid back in comparison to the summer water park craziness. We stayed in the Hunter bldg. overlooking the pond. They keep part of the water open and feed the ducks that are attracted to stay in the area. Our unit ( a 2 bdr.) was spacious, clean and attractive. There was a flat screen TV and gas fireplace in the living area. The full kitchen had pretty much anything you could ask for. The bed in the large bedroom was comfortable. There is a large pool in the activity center, as well as a hot tub and kiddie pool. I
There were a few minor things that we could grumble about. The first is the people calling that want to come and give you a "15 minute survey" when we had barely gotten into the room. When put off, we were called again later that evening and should have told them a strong NO. Unfortunately we did not and were rewarded with a call before 9 AM the next morning (Sunday). When I complained they tried calling about 1/2 hour later and almost every day after just after 9 AM. My advice? Say No right away unless you want to be lured in by their promises of "coupons". The other thing gripe we had was that the place seemed quite warm no matter what temperature we set the thermostat.
The big problem we had was the desk clerk who was just not happy to be there. She complained about something almost every time we went to the activity center.
We do not have a laptop, so the lack of free WI-Fi did not bother us.
But all in all, it was a very nice place to stay, especially in mid-December when there were few people staying there.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank valar2010
Reviewed September 1, 2011

We traded our timeshare into this property. While it wasn't quite up to the same standards as our property, it was acceptable. The location was excellent for Wisconsin Dells. Close enough, but away from the congestion in town. The 2 bedroom unit we had was spacious, but is about due for a spruce up. Overall it was clean, but the couch looked well used enough that my wife felt better covering it with a blanket. Some of the outside maintenance is due too, like rotted siding here and there. Not anything that really affected our stay, but does indicate a bit of delayed upkeep. Several facilities available that we didn't really use: indoor and outdoor pools, play areas, gym, game room, racket ball and tennis courts, etc. The laundry is a coin operated, on one side of the property. No washer/dryer in the units. Internet is $19.95 for the week, but worked fine in our unit. Didn't have much interaction with the staff, other than check in and check out, which was quick and easy.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank RickT_SA
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Let me start by saying this is a beautiful resort and it is a shame that the customer service is so poor because we would have loved to return but sadly will not now! I should have known this place had problems when I called to book and the price I was quoted was higher than their website and the person I spoke to, Sharon, could not figure out why and just assumed I was on Expedia. When I told her I was on their website, she put me on hold for a while, when she came back on she said they had no knowledge of the online price, so I should just book online. Which I did and had no problems at check in or during our stay. Problems arose after we got back home and checked our cc statement and saw we had been overcharged $42.60 per room (2 rooms). (Initially we thought our card had been charged twice for the first night but later learned that they never took a deposit even though it said it would when we booked online) Once the charges cleared and we saw that they were overcharging us for sure I called on 6/24 and spoke to Sharon again, she took my information and said she would call me back. Never did. I called back on 6/29 and spoke to Renee, she again took my info and said she would call back. Never did. Called back again on 7/5 spoke to Sharon, she again took my information and I told her if no one called by 5pm we would be disputing the charges. Renee called back that evening and said she that she had someone looking into it and they would call the next day. She called the next day 7/6 to confirm that we were not doublecharged and asked that we fax our credit card statement to verify the charges and my online booking info. She also stated that they were having a hard time figuring out how to credit it back to us as they had never done it before?! I faxed that information 7/7 in the morning and awaited a call back. I finally called back on 7/12 and asked to speak to the manager, to my dismay it was Renee, whom had been extremely negligent in calling me back, I expressed my disappointment and irritation with the service I was provided and told her if no one got back to me by 12p, we were contesting the charges. While she was very apologetic she again never called back. We contested the charges on that same day and just received the 2nd credit for the overcharged amount yesterday, 7/27. Rather than them fixing the problem right away it took an entire month to get the money returned to us that we were due. This place is unorganized and could really care less about their guests once they get their money. It is a shame because it truly is beautiful and clean but they will not offer much help to you if they make any errors after you check out!

Room Tip: Pretty rooms but terrible customer service, book online and make sure you get a check out statement!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
15  Thank haferbecky
Reviewed December 17, 2010

We couldn't find much online for reviews so we weren't sure what to expect, but we absolutely loved Mirror Lake at Tamarack. We went in the beginning of December and being low season it was not busy at all.

They have an activity center which is wonderful for all ages - it has a pool (including a baby pool and hot tub), a fitness center, arcade, racquetball, basketball, kids room, and tennis courts. Something for everyone and they provide all equipment needed. On the weekends it was busier but both days we were there during the week we had the activity center to ourselves! With all the snow the activity center wasn't easily accessible by walking but this wasn't a big deal to us since all activities were in one place.

The rooms are layed out great. We had a two bedroom unit so the main floor was the ktichen/living area (with a pull out couch) and bathroom and the upstairs was the two bedrooms with a bathroom (with jacuzzi tub). The master bedroom and the living room both have a fireplace. Each unit had parking for 2 vehicles and additional vehicles could be parked at the activity center. Wireless internet is available in the units for an additional fee and there were 2 computers available at the activity center.

We had a few issues that did come up that required calling maintenance. Both times maintenance showed up within 30 minutes. They were very friendly and fixed the problems quickly and easily.

Overall our trip was a perfect relaxing getaway which is exactly what we were looking for!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
7  Thank amyw097
Reviewed October 7, 2010

An absolute enjoyable time! Very clean! Facilities are great! Only downside is lack of housekeeping services, which I'm used to from normal hotels. However, we had a great time, it didn't bother us! ;)

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends