“Great place fo the money.”
Review of Field's Park Motel

Field's Park Motel
Ranked #7 of 75 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Reviewed June 23, 2010

Room was clean. Everything worked fine except the phone - I forgot to tell the lady about this so when you see this review fix the phone in 217 please. we have cell phones anyway - good microwave good fridge. TV was 19'' with remote and had every standard channel lineup. Midweek special was 99 bucks for two nites. Wristbands are same as Wilderness guest bands. You can pick up bands before check in time. Front desk gal was wonderful. As for the other reviews about noise. We did not notice any. I would hate to be in the rooms at wilderness that connect the waterparks. Talk about noise there... the pool was nice and clean a little chilly after being in wilderness waters that are so nice and warm. every thing as expected from this nice mom & pop motel. i'll be back!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed April 24, 2010

We are from nearby Madison and our fancier, more expensive Spring Break plans fell through so we decided to spend a couple of days in the Wisconsin Dells with our 10-year old daughter and her friend. Unfortunately, our decision was make quite late in the game and the price at all the major Dells indoor waterpark resorts was well over $250 per night .. plus resort fees. Yikes! In comparison, the Fields Park Motel was only $99 per night and included 4 passes to the Wilderness Resort Waterpark. I have always wanted to try the Fields Park Motel so this was my chance.

Check-in at 11:00 am went very smoothly and we were given our waterpark passes/bracelets immediately. The passes were good for both days: our check-in day and our check-out day so we got two days of waterpark fun for our single night stay. We could have left right then for the waterpark. However, our room was going to be ready in about 20 minutes so we went to have a quick lunch a few blocks away in downtown Wisconsin Dells and dropped our luggage off in the room when we were done.

We then headed to the waterpark for a day of fun! It was about a 15-minute drive through downtown Dells to the Wilderness Resort. When summer is at its peak the drive may take a bit longer. We found a parking place with some difficulty as the Wilderness Resort was also at capacity. Once inside we we treated exactly like any other Wilderness Resort guest and our passes looked identical to those of the other guests.

We returned to our room after dinner. We were assigned a ground floor room in one of the back buildings and it was no-frills but clean. The beds were queen size instead of double but quite firm. I would have to admit that I found them uncomfortable. The pillows were also on the thin side as mentioned by other reviewers. We brought our own pillows which helped a lot. The motel was nearly sold out but we did not experience any of the excess noise mentioned by other reviewers. The old-fashioned TV was particularly tiny in this day of HD flat screens so if you're a family who likes to play games on the TV you may want to skip this motel. While the TV was a disappointment, we did enjoy the free wi-fi in the room.

I have rated the Fields Park Motel a "Very Good" despite the uncomfortable bed and the tiny TV because the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages. Especially if you have plans to go to the Wilderness Resort. The Fields Park Motel is not a fancy place. It isn't one of those places where you come home and dream about purchasing the exact same bed you slept in the night before. It's not a resort with endless amenities. But ... it is a perfectly adequate place to spend a night or two while enjoying the Wilderness Resort's waterparks and the rest of the Dells. We even didn't mind the drive to the resort. It's way too expensive to eat at the Wilderness Resort and we would have hopped in the car to go to dinner anyway.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 31, 2010

My family and I usually stay at Wilderness Resort when visiting the Dells, but we did not want to pay triple the price we usually pay to go there for a few days during Spring Break. (Ouch!) Our solution? We decided to try Field's Park Motel, which offers passes to Wilderness Resort for the length of your stay. We paid 1/3 of what Wilderness Resort was asking for a regular room, and got a room with a jacuzzi tub here.

Office staff was friendly and helpful. We asked for and got three extra good sized pillows and an extra blanket--no problem!

We had room 105, which is right next to the office. The room was fine--large, clean and comfortable, but the beds were VERY firm. A section of wall in the bathroom had signs of water damage, but other than that the room was in good condition. Others have mentioned that this hotel could use some soundproofing, and we found that to be true. The office is closed from 11PM to 8AM, but people were apparently trying to call the office several times in the middle of the night--and letting the phone ring DOZENS of times. It woke me up every time! We could also hear what the family next door was watching on TV (Dora the Explorer), but that was probably because it was a connecting room.

All in all, I'd definitely stay here again if I wanted an affordable Dells getaway and didn't want to pay high season prices at a big waterpark resort. But I think I'll make a point of remembering to bring earplugs next time.

Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed February 2, 2010

This is a perfect hotel for the traveler on a budget. Clean room, nothing fancy, great service.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 3, 2009

This is our third stay at the the Field's Park Motel. We love the water park passes that are included as well as the great location to the downtown area. The walls are paper thin, as others have mentioned, and the air conditioning is very loud. Our room was right on the end (room 101) and you can hear every car, truck, motorcycle, bicycle, people walking, etc. I would recommend staying in a different room if possible. Also, during this stay we NEVER had hot water. It's hard to use the jacuzzi with cold water and we had trouble taking a warm shower. When I mentioned it to the front desk the young man did not really have much to say. He said it was probably because others were using the water too! I think they need to do some serious updating to the hotel-----bigger hot water tanks, better water pressure in the shower, new beds, and some soundproofing in the walls between the rooms.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2009

This was our first time not staying at the Wilderness Resort and we read the reviews of the Fields Park Motel and figured we would give it a try. Our expectations were not very high as we always stay in the Condo's at the Wilderness. But, we paid $278 for our 2 night stay over the 4th of July weekend and still got to go to the Wilderness. We checked out the Wilderness rates and it would have cost us $580 for the same two nights and the rooms are not that much different for the amount of time you stay in your room at the Dells. As people mentioned previously, the walls are thin and you can hear everything in the adjacent rooms. Typical for pretty much any hotel, so no big deal. The matresses, sheets, and blankets could use an update, but they were still pretty comfortable and clean. You can not beat the location if you want to go down town. We have two small kids and we were able to walk downtown and back without them complaining of getting tired of walking. The pool was nice and clean. My only real complaint would be that the office did not open until 8:00 am, but the clerks were very friendly and personable. All we were really looking for was a comfortable, clean, and affordable hotel and that is what we received. We will stay again. Thank you Fields!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 28, 2009

This was my second time at this hotel, I paid the same rate as last summer, ( 70.00) that's about the going rate for the area during summer months. The hotel rooms are just ok, nothing fancy, they had a fridge and microwave, so that is nice. The lobby also has free coffee, and they do give wristbands to the Wilderness with the cost of your room.
That is a good value. The downside is the place is noisy, the a/c sounds like a jet engine and it has no thermostat so it's not possible to keeps a steady temp. Also you can hear everything in the next room, the walls are too thin. And when people walk outside past your door it carries through. Kids running by will sound like a heard of buffalo. I had earplugs but slept very poorly. The beds are just ok, kind of old and the sheets were rough, The overall effect was dingy and grungy. I am not a very fussy person and I love a bargain, but this place was my borderline. I don't think I'll try it again. There are a lot of $70 a night places that give out free tickets to waterparks that must be quieter and cleaner..think I'll look harder next time, sorry to say.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family