“Wilderness on a budget” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Field's Park Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Field's Park Motel
Ranked #23 of 72 Hotels in Wisconsin Dells
Bloomington, Minnesota
“Wilderness on a budget”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014

I like staying at Wilderness resort when I can afford it, but if I can't I'll go here. There is no cheaper way to get into a premier water park than the Field's Park Motel. We were there in the off season and they upgraded our room to a whirlpool room for free. It took awhile to warm up but it was still nice. The rooms are average motel rooms but it's a great value if you want to go to Wilderness. It is all the way across town from Wilderness though. I was kind of hoping it would be right across the street, but whatever. I will be back.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank manmountain13

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

We love staying here! It's not fancy, but it's clean, quiet, and a great location. The price is just right, especially with the Wilderness passes. Our kids love to swim in the pool when we aren't at the Wilderness. We end up in the Dells quite often for tournaments and such, and this has become our go to location for frequent Dells trips without breaking the bank.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 3girlsmama
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

My family and I absolutely love the Field's Park Motel. The place is clean, economically priced, conveniently located and the best thing about it is the free Wilderness waterpark passes for your entire stay. This is truly the only place I will stay in the Dells, it just makes sense. Comfortable bed to lay your head on in a clean room with fridge and microwave, and passes to the best waterpark in the Dells (Wilderness), what more could you want. Spend your money on other things while in town, instead of just to say you slept in a fancy, pricy hotel in the Dells.

The manager, Kim is so nice and responsive to anything you need. My family has stayed there 4 times. My sister waited to book our room and they were sold out. Kim started a waitlist for us and when something freed up she called both my sister and me to let us know that we got the room. Also there was a problem with an item in the room, immediately maintenance came and the issue was resolved.

I'm looking forward to my next stay!

I really love this place!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank DNKEV
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

We have stayed at the Fields Park Motel numerous times over the last three to four years. The hotel is always very clean. The location is great as it is within walking distance to downtown Dells. The price is excellent. If you are on a budget, you can't beat the free passes to Wilderness that are included. This is the main reason we have come back all these years as the kids love to go to the waterpark. Another big plus is the manager. She is extremely sweet and more than willing to help you out with whatever your needs may be. Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank Fondyontheroad
Cuba City, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

We were looking for a clean, quiet and simple motel. This fit the bill on all 3. Just a couple of blocks from downtown Dells, so parked the car and walked around. The rooms are very basic, but very clean. The staff was super friendly also. Would stay again, without a doubt!

Room Tip: Have stayed here multiple times, and all rooms were great.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Dave W
Manchester, Iowa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

We booked a mini-vacation to the Dells last minute due to the unpredictability of my husband's job. Because of that we knew pickings for hotels would be slim and we were willing to pay for it - so keep that in mind. After calling 9 different places, I found that Fields not only had 1 room left but they were willing to break the 2 night minimum rule for us due to it being so last minute. It happened to be the Jacuzzi suite, which seemed fun, for $179 including tax. The hotel is within walking distance of Downtown Dells, so that was another bonus because parking down there in the summer is insane. However, the entire place is very dated, which would have been fine if it was just the outside. Unfortunately the 'suite' consisted of a bathtub (not a corner tub or true jacuzzi) right next to a queen size bed with a dingy bedspread. There wasn't even room for a nightstand on the side that the tub was on, they were that close. And it was set up so you couldn't even see the tv from the tub, I had thought that a good soak would be relaxing after a day of walking through the dells... But not only was the tub not comfortable, there was no sound barrier to the outside at all, we heard kids screaming and cars honking all night. The room seemed clean and the front desk staff were friendly, but everything about the place made it seem like an $89 per night budget place rather than an almost $200 room. Guess that's the price of the Dells! If you are willing to pay that much, there are nicer hotels in the area provided you book early :)

• Stayed August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Donisi
Round Lake, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised after moving to this motel from another not so nice motel...I was expecting more of the same! My room was updated with a flat screen tv on the wall, smelled freshly painted with new carpet, not to mention that I was able to check in at 10 am and was helped by a wonderful lady at the front desk! The pool area was nice and clean and provided pool towels. We stayed in a large room that had 2 Queen beds and a Queen futon...roomy enough for a family of 5-6. I wish I would of started our trip here. Free Wilderness passes also available for you at check-in! The Wilderness is FANTASTIC!! Overall a nice place to stay!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family