“Really BIG food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 4, 2012

The food was ok, with standard mexican fare as well as a children's menu and some a la carte items. Everything was kind of bland - could have used a lot more spice and flavoring. The pricing is a little expensive, most dishes were $13-$18. However, they give you an enormous amount of food. I would highly recommend splitting a combo platter with someone else in your group.
The view is beautiful. It would be a great place to sip margaritas on the patio, while overlooking the river.

1  Thank katibug4

Reviewed August 24, 2012

It's been about 10 years since my wife and I have eaten here, but we remembered the delicious seafood enchiladas. Now in their new location, we sat on the patio overlooking the river and had the same buttery, cheesy seafood enchiladas! Very beautiful on the patio. Very good service too!

5  Thank 2EmptyNest
Reviewed August 21, 2012

went around 4 o'clock on a Monday. Only ones in the restaurant group of 8. Service was very good, food was priced around $10 to $15 a dish. Portions were good but lack taste. I had the combo plate, everything tasted the same. others had chicken dishes and they complained about to much chicken?? (go figure) Chips and salsa were free flowing and about what you would expect. We took our drinks on the patio which over looks the power dam. Staff were friendly, I would visit this place again, just ask more question about the menu.

2  Thank JimM2
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Good food Good location. We stopped here after a day at the waterpark and really enjoyed the restaurant

3  Thank Starla37835
Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

We went to Mexicali Rose last night and enjoyed it, as always. Great kids menu...good chips n salsa. Lots of food. Quick tip-split a dinner! The only thing I would change are the cats outside..my kids are allergic. Not sure if the cats were just random or if they are always there.

1  Thank luvntravel20