“We have enjoyed the outdoor dining for many years”
Review of Mexicali Rose

Mexicali Rose
Ranked #82 of 191 Restaurants in Wisconsin Dells
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

We went to Mexicali Rose last night and enjoyed it, as always. Great kids menu...good chips n salsa. Lots of food. Quick tip-split a dinner! The only thing I would change are the cats outside..my kids are allergic. Not sure if the cats were just random or if they are always there.

1  Thank luvntravel20

Reviewed August 13, 2012

We always eat dinner here when we are in the Dells. The food and service are always good. They have a great view of the river and have outside seating available. The prices are average- about $5 for a kids meal, and $10-$20 for an entree. And after a long day of waterparks, you will need one of their 20 ounce Margaritas. Yum.

1  Thank Michelle T
Reviewed August 9, 2012

By far the worst mexican restaurant ever been to!! .. everything was over priced .. 5 dollars for a taco , are you f$%## Kidding me.. the food tasted like kaka , the salsa was awful.. we ordered 2 margaritas , there was barely any alcohol in them... they tried "up grading " my margaritas for another additional 5.00 dollars...

I WILL NEVER COMEBACK TO THIS DUMP OF A PLACE...

1  Thank Jose C
Reviewed August 1, 2012

We went in and were seated, the waiter took 10 minutes to bring us chips and salsa. The drinks were terrible and expensive. The margaritas tasted terrible with cheap tequila - also way over priced for very little sized. One of our party immediately got a headache from the drink. I ordered a taco salad which I couldn't even eat, so I sent it back and ordered a cheese quesidilla which was an inch thick of cheese and disgusting. Another member of our party ordered chicken fajitas and got maybe 10 small pieces of chicken cooked with a WHOLE onion and WHOLE tomato; so basically no chicken. Another member of our party ordered a corona with lime and the waiter brought her a water with 2 limes, not a corona. I would have been better off ordering from the children's menu. Our waiter came around about every 20 minutes and were very rude. The restaurant wasn't even busy, maybe 10 tables full. The price of the food was not expensive, but didn't want to pay for what we even ordered because it was so bad. I will never eat here again because it was such terrible service and food.

1  Thank Ashley T
Reviewed August 1, 2012

We stopped here for supper one night. We were able to sit outside and had a table overlooking the river. We all ordered different things but the food was good and the service was equally good. Never had to wait long for anything.

1  Thank Sparky333