“Charges keep adding up..”
Review of Mitzi's American Grill - CLOSED

Mitzi's American Grill
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Casual Dining for the whole family. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout. Outdoor dining, large groups welcome. Friday FISH FRY, PRIME RIB Wednesday and Saturday. Choose from our selection of sandwiches and hand-crafted burgers, our salads, pasta dishes, seafood, steaks, ribs, chicken and appetizers. Breakfast combos to love, served from 7 am to noon. Lunch Specials Monday thru Friday 11 am to 3 pm. $3.99 Kids Menu. Beer, Wine, and Mimosas. High Def TVs. We're located on Broadway, just 8 blocks east of Downtown Wisconsin Dells. Our full regular menu and group menu may be seen on our website. Open mid May through late October from 7 am. Great Food, True Hospitality!
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Food wasnt that great, They charged full price for kids drinks which was suppose to be cheaper.. I would have gone somewhere a lot better for the price..

1  Thank 1975traveler1998

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Had the baked haddock with ritz cracker crumbs, very delicious! Tried my friend's fish fry & that was delicious. Very attentive wait staff. The mini desserts were great too.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

To be fair, my wife liked her chicken dish and both of our toddlers liked the chocolate pancakes. I ordered a brisket and what I was served was a mound of fat with the occasional shred of meat in there. I took the time to see exactly how much meat I would get and it was about a 1/3 of the pile, the rest fat. I've never had brisket this poor - the rest of the items on the plate were at best average. I brought this up to the waitress who went to the kitchen and returned back to say that they understand its fatty, but they ensured it had the measured amount of meat. Nothing else was done.

So went to pay the check and the front of the house gal asked me how it went, I explained again my unhappiness with the brisket. She mentioned it was a new item on the menu and said she would take my comments to the owner. I would have appreciated some sort of reduction on the bill and overall it just seemed like they were confused on how to deal with this. I rated this a three primarily because of my wife and two kids satisfaction - had it been just myself I'd have gone Poor on it. Given how many times we are in the Dells and how many food options exist, I don't see us visting here again.

WisconsinTennisguy, Owner at Mitzi's American Grill, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

I'm sorry you were disappointed with your beef brisket, and that you found the rest of our food average at best. Beef brisket is the cut of meat that would be bacon if it were pork, and as such, is naturally a fatty product, just as real corned beef brisket is fatty. Although this is a new offering for us this year, it has been well received and we have gotten quite a few compliments on it. We pride ourselves on serving only top quality meals featuring US Choice aged steaks and the best quality products available for our guests.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

We enjoyed this restaurant so much we went back the next day for lunch too! Service was fast and friendly. Kids meals are only $3.99 (although drinks are extra). The chicken alfredo was very good as was the BBQ pork sandwich. Very good salads with fresh veggies. The bill for our family of 4 was around $35 (excluding tip).

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Service was fast. The staff was sincere and friendly. I ordered a chicken fettuccini with a coke. My wife had a BLT with a pop. And a bowl of soup. My Alfredo came with an average side salad. My kids had 2 chocolate milks. Our bill was $40 including a $5 tip. The place was very clean. And the service was fast. This is a good place to get away from the crowds.

1  Thank rpm1774